Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: finally the first true 3D laser projector

Hi Masterpj

I know that there are differences between autostereoscopic and passive/active systems.

Your linked video is awesome, for me a laser projector can do vectorial drawings and 2d raster images...and not plasma based holographic pixels...

You posted a video where I saw e video sequence generated by the Pangolin plugin but a vectorial projector can't do good raster images...

I use Stereoplayer for a long time, I have 2 Samsung 3d monitors, one 3d Samsung TV and one Sony 3d laptop...

I love stereoscopy, I have a FujiW3 camera and one Sony Alpha 55, on my PS3 I can watch my 3d photos and 3d renderings.

On http://www.3dvisionlive.com/ I posted a lot of 3d renderings and photos.

Now I'm doing some research on lasers, in few days I will receive my first one.

I think that the future of raster projection is based on laser. Kodak is developing a 3d cinema laser. Flat laser tvs like Mitsubishi have not been successful.

To have a full immersive 3d stereoscopic projection you need a large screen and a powerful lamp, not a tv. This is possible only in Imax cinemas.

At home we will have our 3d laser projector, that basically works like a Laserworld/Kvant/Arctos projector. The only difference is the scanner.

Hello Gabrielefx
    I made my own stereoscopic camera.
    I used to make some stereoscopic 3D content every now and then.
    raster is low resolution but the colors from a raster are really good and accurate when calibrated well either through hardware or through software *mostly that last one*.
    Flat laser tv's had some static issue's which have been fixed, but they aren't hitting the market yet, which they should :/ .
    At the time when i recorded that my color balance wasn't really set too well and the projector output was set way to bright for the camera to pick the stuff up well.
    In fact I can do a slightly higher resolution with my projector, which to the eyes are still well to see but horrible for a camera.
    I sometimes use raster elements in my 3D laser graphics renders.
    it can give cool effects like for example a flashlight can have a raster kind of thing in it.
    (which is seen in the lasershow rythm is a dancer by harry de boer of DTL lasertechnology)
    I intend to use it for a small computer monitor scene in my upcomming lasershow.

Oh btw don't get laserworld

I purchased a Kvant with CT-HP scanner...I will try to shoot some videos with my Alpha 55 and Zeiss lens...
    The next Apha 77 will shoot at 1920x1080 60P...impressive camera...
    I think is impossible to sync the laser with a camera. Do the softwares have a sync setting? Is possible to force the scanner to draw all the drawings at 25fps for example?
    European 50Hz AC affect scanner galvos?

CT scanners rock! Good choice

Power supply AC frequency should not have any impact on the scanners, in just the same way AC should have no impact on hifi speakers. Scanners are like speakers except in 2 dimensions (X and Y). A speaker oscillates in and out with the audio signal, and scanners oscillate left and right or up and down in just the same way.

So following this analogy, there is no concept of a framerate with scanners as the signal is continuous, like analogue audio. It would be near on impossible to sync a video camera with standard laser projector output.

In Australia we have 50Hz AC and my laser projectors' output should be no different to those in the US with 60Hz.

Enjoy your new laser projector. Please post some photos and video

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielefx View Post
    Hi Masterpj
    I know that .......... basically works like a Laserworld/Kvant/Arctos projector. The only difference is the scanner.

No t sure that Kvant or Arctos would like that phrase very much ..... LOL

Interesting thread though (specially the "real 3D matrix")

Cheers

i like the 3d pictures, and as my eyes are fucked up i view them with no 3d glasses or any equipment
    just look at the double image, go cross eyed (which create's a third center image) and foucus on the center pic
    and get free 3d but dont try it for to long but gives you and idea of what it looks like
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielefx View Post
    Hi Masterpj

I know that there are differences between autostereoscopic and passive/active systems.

Your linked video is awesome, for me a laser projector can do vectorial drawings and 2d raster images...and not plasma based holographic pixels...

You posted a video where I saw e video sequence generated by the Pangolin plugin but a vectorial projector can't do good raster images...

I use Stereoplayer for a long time, I have 2 Samsung 3d monitors, one 3d Samsung TV and one Sony 3d laptop...

I love stereoscopy, I have a FujiW3 camera and one Sony Alpha 55, on my PS3 I can watch my 3d photos and 3d renderings.

On http://www.3dvisionlive.com/ I posted a lot of 3d renderings and photos.

Now I'm doing some research on lasers, in few days I will receive my first one.

I think that the future of raster projection is based on laser. Kodak is developing a 3d cinema laser. Flat laser tvs like Mitsubishi have not been successful.

To have a full immersive 3d stereoscopic projection you need a large screen and a powerful lamp, not a tv. This is possible only in Imax cinemas.

At home we will have our 3d laser projector, that basically works like a Laserworld/Kvant/Arctos projector. The only difference is the scanner.
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

There's also one that gets done by fast wiggling .gif images.
    It also gives depth but it can cause headaches.
    (but you don't have to cross-eye)
    Framerate on scanners is indeed there but it's never constant also dependant on the scanner set.
    Syncing is indeed nearly impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    Only $55,000 for the base model... with 20Watts of White laser.... Who's gonna buy one to tear it apart? lol
    You buy it and I'll tear it apart

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Not the first of its kind by a long ways.

Steve

Default 3d volumetric laser display

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 11:02.