Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK-Here we go again ..

Default OK-Here we go again ..

For you-all who dont know me from years ago, this is why I became semi-unpopular on this forum, butt I ain't been banned yet ..could be soon tho .. (for speaking my mind ) --
    Now then .. we gotz a problem . the reds are too big and the tiny little galvo mirrors are too small .. Fucking MAN UP Y'alll!!!!! Get big. Get real .. Do we really have to have 50-60-70kpps scanners ???It's fuking like keeping up with the joneses mercedess around here ..Damn! Can the human eye really tell the friggin difference between 50-60kpps? It's like having to have the latest 4G-5G-6G-7G phone ? WTF???????? Get Big galvo mirrors and ENJOY 635-636 1-2-3-5 WATTS Red ecstasy!!! HAAAAAAAAAAA.. (yes, I'm pwi again ) (oh that posting while intox..er.. enjoying adult beverages again .. ) I've seen so many nice priced group buys of high p[ower reds go down the shitter just because they wont fit on everybody's little tiny friggin itty-bitty lil' scanner mirros aaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! pisssssssssserrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!:

AND--IIRC the guys with the giant whitelight water-cooled 3-phase gas lasers with AOMs of the 70's when I was growing up enjoying their hell-of-a-good shows didn't have 2mm x 3mm little tiny scanner mirrors, saying oh-- my ILDA square pattern is more perfectly square than your pattern .. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

ok.. I'm dun now .. got that off my chest .. thank -you -very- much ... :]

Oh-and 1 more thing.. I don't buy the theory that the smaller the beam, the brighter it looks.. I think thats bullshit.
    I think that there's a power factor density thing that someone is missing there ..

ok- now i'm dun ..
    Last edited by steve-o; 08-12-2011 at 18:55. Reason: had to add some xtra sht

I somewhat agree.. but hey, that's just me...

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the point of faster scanners (40-60K) really translate to scanning wider and larger at a decent frame rate, which is the real point?

BTW, if your mirrors really are 2x3mm then you got VERY SMALL MIRRORS!!!!
    This space for rent.

It'a be aaight Steve. I'll pour myself another so we can chill together. . Can't you throw some fatty mirrors on those G124s you got and run em at 12 or 20k for some good beam shows?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Get Big galvo mirrors and ENJOY 635-636 1-2-3-5 WATTS Red ecstasy!!!
    I'm in... seriously. I think some 9mm ping pong bats should do it! What do you recommend to achieve 4W of 635-636?

I have some massive mirrors on my EyeMagic's and they do 30kpps just fine

buy some scanners that dont suck?

I don't buy the theory that the smaller the beam, the brighter it looks.. I think thats bullshit.
    I think that there's a power factor density thing that someone is missing there ..

Uuummm...... :unsure: Yes, the reason why everyone goes on about smaller beams is due to the higher power density in the smaller beam.

No BS, tried and tested
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Uuummm...... :unsure: Yes, the reason why everyone goes on about smaller beams is due to the higher power density in the smaller beam.

No BS, tried and tested
    And the reason that appears brighter is partly because the incident power on (dust or smoke) particles in the air will be higher (just as it would be on your retina!) and therefore the scatter from those particles will be brighter as well.

Admittedly, the amount of particles that will scatter any light will be less -- the brightness will be concentrated in a smaller volume, but audiences won't be able to distinguish an 1/2" beam from a pencil-sized beam at the distance they're viewing it. Therefore, from an audience POV, a narrower beam appears brighter even though the same power is captured in that beam.

Thought experiment: Take a 1W CCFL tube and a 1W EL sheet. Even though they are just as bright on paper, which one would be brighter to your eyes?

Get Big galvo mirrors and ENJOY 635-636 1-2-3-5 WATTS Red ecstasy!!! H
    You really dont get it, do you?

the biggest problem of 635nm is the divergence not the beam diameter. we want lasers, not flashlights.

Let me try to explain, a 3W 635nm got 5mm beam with 4 mRad!

at 50 meters distance you beam will be more than 20cm wide! and you know what it will be even MPE safe because the power is so weak at this distance as it is spread out over a 20cm diameter.

at 50 meters distance a 250mW red with 3mm 1mRad will look brighter than a a 3W 635nm 4mRad flashlight!

Do we really have to have 50-60-70kpps scanners ???It's fuking like keeping up with the joneses mercedess around here ..Damn! Can the human eye really tell the friggin difference between 50-60kpps?

Have you ever done text or complex grapics projection for a customer? (I dont think so because you prefer 635nm flashlight which are useless for grapics anyway)

not us laserist who see every wrong color pallete but your customer will imiadiate see the difference between a flickering logo (scanned @ 20k) or a smooth logo (scanned @ 60K).