Thread: US Source for O-like lenses?

Default US Source for O-like lenses?

I'm putting together a quad 445nm module for use in a projector. I think I'm correct in preferring the o-like 3 element glass lens over the aixiz equivilent for its divergence and efficiency, but I need to get started in less than 2 weeks, and o-like ships from china. Is there a good US source, maybe a PL member, that I could order from? If not, I'm going to go with this 3 pack, pressed into aixiz modules with aixis glass lenses: http://cgi.ebay.com/3pk-1-5-2W-445nm...t_30233wt_1189

Thanks!

It would be awesome to find a US source for these. They are a personal favorite of mine although I wish they were made in a full threaded nut.

My testing shows a little improvement in transmission over the Aixiz but it does not seem to have better divergence to me. Here is some testing I did a while back. The Aixiz had the shortest bar/dot, the O-like's bar was just a hair longer and the single element G-1's bar was about twice as long as the Aixiz. This was done @ 35ft using a AAA sized battery for size reference.

Aixiz Glass

O-Like Glass

G-1

And here is the power data I collected with a 445 set to 800mA.

Aixiz Glass 630mW

O-Like Glass 736mW

G-1 832mW

Hmm, I believe the difference in divergence is down to the amount of clipping each lens makes to the original beam, and this is why you get a more desirable shape but with a loss of power

Thanks DTR for your data-- that's very helpful. Divergence is actually of primary concern to me, as my screen is quite a long ways away, so I think I can feel OK about pulling the trigger on the aixiz lenses even though the difference is marginal.

Please post if you do know of a US distributer so that this thread can be useful.

Beat me by 1 second! That makes sense. My "dot" is going to be about 8" tall, so a little clipping won't really hurt. My plan is to adjust the knife edge mirrors so I have something approximately squareish on the screen.