Thread: new rig

Default new rig

Here is the new rig. It is doing well as of last night. I put it through some demanding tests....it lives!
    http://photonlexicon.com/gallery/album50/100_1693
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Looks Awesome! Congrats...

Well Friday night was my first night witht he new projector, and things went REALLY REALLY BAD!!... I havew a few issues with temp changes and the dichros staying aligned... Show one, Failure.... Last night was show 2, after some tweaking and proding, show 2 went 99%.. All was well, tongiht will be show 3.. Fingers crossed.... I wil have to rethink the dichro and laser table issue.. Im projecting from a booth over 100 ft away from the screen, so keeping the dots aligned on each other its tricky at best... The ambiend temp of the air and the laser heat, even with 2 fans seems to cause the metal to move a bit... not much of course, but at the distance, it doesnt take much...

We will see how tongihts show goes!. Wish me luck, i will report back!
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

I mounted all the goodies on a 1/2" thick aluminum plate. It is T-6061 aircraft grade......surface ground to .001 in 12". The TEC on the bottom keeps this thing cool and I have noticed no movement in the optical train in a 2 hour run time. Let me know if I could help with a custom made plate for you.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I have not started to make myself a rig
    And soon I have total of 600mW with green,red and blue waiting !!

I need a idea to what I can mount the mirror and lasers on :roll:
    And most of all I need a box..

MechEng3: Your system seems nice
    Pretty huge setup !!!
    But it seems like it cost alot when it`s so big

Show 3 worked fine as well as 2... Seems the tem is more steady the last 2 days...
    I have the componants each mounted on 1/4 in aliuminum plate, 18x22 and each has a riser to adjust the beam height...its the dichro thats the issue, but after seeing a post from L.Michael roberts abouth the neolaser system, i thik im gonna build some special 45 degree holders for the dichros, take the adjustment off them and just allow the laser base to move for alignment..

What a fun game
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Mech..
    That unit looks really good man... awesome box
    looks like a lot of work went into it..
    I'm going to have to go double-decker with mine..soo much stuf to stuff in that box..
    Hmm. Think I need a taller box soon.. argh

Laser-Ad..
    So glad things are progressing, You sure have put some time too into that thing. I bet you were smiling from ear to ear after all the sweat.
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF