Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: stacking red LOC's ?

Quote Originally Posted by logsquared View Post
    I don't think you need all those opnext diodes. I will Pm you my address so you can send me some. I think 6 should do
    Ummm, yeah sure no worries. Could figure out what to do with these tiny thingies anyway

Well, you will be over the minimum order for sure. Let me know if you need just one to test with before you pull the trigger on 12 pieces.
    I'm pretty confident I'll be going with the 4mm FL Optimas, so yeah if you're happy to, please could you count me in? Could you PM me the total you'd need from me and your PayPal details? I appreciate your including me

Can't wait to see your project. Please post lots of pics.
    No probs there! I love seeing and taking high-res detailed pics of builds

If you can get 2W 638nm in a 3x3mm beam let me know. I have 800mw in a 3x3 now but really want to double that to match my 500mw of green. I've been using the axis red lens. If I switch to the optima lens will I get a better beam and higher output? Do they fit in the axis housings?

Well I think it'll be more like 1,800mW after optics etc ( though if I did up it to 16 diodes... )!

The message reading loud and clear is the Optimas are way better than the Aixiz - more precise and manageable beam and higher throughput.

Dave has lens barrels that fit the Optima lenses. These are the standard 9mm thread used by Aixiz, Dave's and others mounts.
    Last edited by taggalucci; 01-29-2012 at 02:52. Reason: Spelling errors

I forgot about this thread.

Sorry to report, I haven't built another 6X yet. Hopefully soon, as I have about 20 LOC's sitting here.

I can say the optima 4mm lenses are great. i put them through a couple different telescopes with LOC's and the spot does what it's suppose to. Optima was out of the 8mm when i ordered.

I may just use the 4mm on my next 6X. I have recently made a 4X with PBS and I think I can knife edge the smaller beam with out too much loss. I used .120 X .0625 (about 3mm X 1.5mm)as my near field beam "window". I should note: I haven't taken actual measurements of the height, just the width. The 3mm comes from visually looking at the spot. It may be possible to use a height of 2.5mm and only loose a few percent. So, 3 over 3 should give ~5 to 6mm X 4.5mm. Probably could go 4 over 4 and get 6X6 if your knifing skills are good Then a 2X scope will get you on 3mm mirrors with around 1.2mRad in theory.

I will be ordering some more optimas in the next few days. Let me know if you need any I can add them to my order. (they have a $200 minimum)

-woody
    Hey woody

what's the chance of getting in on this with 20 pcs. shipped to Germany?
    There's a price cut @ 50 pcs.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Solarfire View Post
    Hey woody

cheers
    I could always take 4 more if this helps reach the price break.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    If you can get 2W 638nm in a 3x3mm beam let me know. I have 800mw in a 3x3 now but really want to double that to match my 500mw of green. I've been using the axis red lens. If I switch to the optima lens will I get a better beam and higher output? Do they fit in the axis housings?
    I don't have any opnext diodes but they have pretty similar beam specs to the LOC (besides wavelength). The aixiz lenses are a good value in my opinion but don't seem to work well through a telescope. Plus you should see about 10-15% more power with the optima.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarfire View Post
    Hey woody

cheers
    I think the price break is only about $1 or so, but definitely worth it. I will order 50 pieces. Should be around $16 each.

Nice to see a copy of the National Geographic March 1984 on your table :-) It is what got me hooked on lasers :-)

I will order 50 pieces. Should be around $16 each.
    Cool So I assume you're ordering just bare lenses yeah? I already have the threaded lens barrels from Dave for these.

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Cool So I assume you're ordering just bare lenses yeah? I already have the threaded lens barrels from Dave for these.
    Yeah. Optimas barrels have a strange thread. I have been boring out aixiz barrels for the optimas. They seem to have really good tolerance on the threads.

I have been trying to get optima on the phone all afternoon. Hopefully will get them ordered today.

Just to make sure the Optima part number is 305-0464-780. Its the only glass 4mm they have.

am also interested in some optima lens
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat