Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: who do I have fo F%#k to get a award winning lasershow ?

Quote Originally Posted by LASER-AD
    I suggest we pick a song, story board it, and them break it apart into maybe Intor, Verse 1 Chorus 1 verse 2 ect.. and each grab a section.... Keep the parts small will help to make it work out for more people!
    Fuck yes! Im game for design work.

Default PHOTONLEXICON JAM

It seems we need a leader in this project.
    I nominate Buffo!

Since its HIS idea, I nominate LaserLover
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

wow..

i did not expect my thread to go this far !!!

but it sounds pretty cool !!
    I want to help as much I can :P

but draw is not my skills..
    but beam show I can do :roll:
    But maybe I can try to edit some of the frames i got ...
    Well I dunno.. but this sounds pretty cool indeed :P :P

nice to test on my new RGB setup someday 8)

Cheers and god luck

Default ideas for PhotonLexicon laser show

Thanks Max!

Still, I agree that it *WAS* Laserlover's idea, so it's only fair that he be the leader. (Besides, he's got more experience with the editing tools than I do.)

I think we're all on the same page when it comes to scripting and storyboarding. (I've done a few training videos for my company, and good scripting and storyboarding early on really saved us a lot of headache in the filming and editing processes.) But we really need to decide on a general theme and select some music FIRST. (Maybe start a poll thread with the ideas?)

Here are some ideas for themes/music I had...

1) The Dukes of Hazzard song... Something of a parody of the original TV series intro. Granted - not entirely original, but I'm thinking that it will be easier to draw and animate vehicles vs people or animals...

2) Cotton Eye Joe... This song is frenetic, so we could do just about any theme with it - even the chicken escape idea. Though I was thinking something more along the lines of an animal climbing into a plane and going on a wild, hair-raising ride. Might be even more funny if we use a turtle, or some other impractical animal.

3) John Maher's "Bigger Than my Body".. Ok - not the biggest hit, I know... But it's a Pop song that is safe for all audiences. I was thinking of a wanna-be super hero theme here... Daydreaming about how great he would be if he were (insert comic book super hero name here) and all the wonderful things he could do. When they come to the chorus we'd see him as he really is - just a dreamer.

4) "Start the Commotion", by the Wild Guys. Here's a fast-paced song with lots of transistions that would probably work well with lots of different animations. It doesn't really lend itself to a specific theme though. Maybe something like the animals in the forest dancing - having a party - something like that. You could cut it off when the park ranger / tourist walks up.

5) We could do something like a forlorn love story... Start with "Days go By" by Dirty Vegas and try to depict a couple that was separated by some natural event, and then show them thinking about the times when they were together. This could also be done with animals. (Say, an earthquake opens up a canyon between two critters and they can't reach each other...) Of course, you have to have a happy ending here to please the kids...

6) Here's an idea that would be hard to draw, but should work really well with the music: Start with Natasha Beddingfield's "Unwritten", and put a woman in a room, all the doors closed, and let the visuals follow the lyrics as she talks about her future being "unwritten". This would require a lot of hand-drawing and editing, and I can't draw a human form to save my life... But it's just an idea. (I can draw the room and the furniture!)

7) This is another really hard one. Start with the song "High Roller" by Crystal Method. (It's an industrial-dance tune) The visual scenario is a group of modern day warriors responding to some sort of alert. When I originally conceived this idea I was thinking of battlemechs (anyone ever play Mechwarrior?) responding to a threat. You have people jumping into the cockpit, starting up the machines, and heading out to meet the bad guys - that sort of thing. If you listen to the music it clearly leads up to a confrontation near the last 1/3 of the song. The idea would probably work with tanks or planes as well...

8 ) How about something like a competition. Either humans or animals competing in something like a track and field event. Use "Get Ready For This" by 2 Unlimited, which is a fast, upbeat dance tune, and cycle through 5 or 6 events. Again, this is going to be hard to draw, but if we use animals it might be more fun. (Imagine a hurdles race between a cat, a rabbit, a turtle, and a frog... Make the turtle run upright on 2 legs...)

And, of course, LaserLover's suggestion of the Pink Panther theme by Henri Mancini lends itself to all sorts of cool ideas. But since it was his suggestion I'll leave that one alone!

So - what ideas were you all thinking of? Remember that a lot of this will depend on what we can and can not reasonably draw/scan into an ilda file in the first place...

Adam

Default PHOTONLEXICON JAM

Well then, since we all agree it was LaserLovers idea and he has been nominated twice, I withdraw my nomination for Buffo and nominate LaserLover!

I havent heard or dont remmber some of those songs you mention. I will take a listen. I have some ideas tucked away., let me drag them out,
    by the way LFI has a laser show to Cotton Eyed Joe by Rednexx

Actually it was Maxvideo who mentioned the laserjam project done by ILDA members first.
    Good Idea Maxvideo.

So far we have the following participants:
    1. Liteglow
    2. Maxvideo
    3. Buffo
    4. Laser-Ad
    5. Spec
    6. Laserlover

I'm not sure If you're in "Dave" or "Groover" and anyone else who's interested in giving it their best shot. It's going to be a learning experience for all .

I second the suggestions that Buffo made on choosing a song first.
    Do some sifting through your favourite tunes and let us know the mental Imagery that was inspired by that song so we have a theme. You might even be inspired to draw a few frames for submisssion.
    If contributor's can download and share the songs we can all give them an ear then we can vote on the it and go from there.

What do you folks think ?

Rick :?:
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

Allright... this will allow a lot more people to help in this...

I recently picked up a copy of Pangolin, theres this neat flash converter plugin.

Like Laser-ad said, Its able to "laserize" pretty much any vector information in a compiled *.swf flash file. Its also a fairly easy program to learn.

Anyone else here who would be be able to play assuming all you had to do was neat vector stuff in flash?

Im really interested in beam shows to be honest, though there are some real neat "raster" like effects that can be done.... Though I imagine it to be a nightmare to program.

http://photonlexicon.com/hostedcontent/linea.1.avi

(edit, corrections and additions)

I would shure like to help out with whatever I can. Not the best artist but I'll do my best.
    You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

I don't see any reason why we couldn't integrate a portion of the laser show with Beams and maybe Raster as well as regular vector graphics If that's possible. It's pretty much open to our combined Imaginations.
    So lets hear some of your Ideas on songs and themes.

Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010