Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: who do I have fo F%#k to get a award winning lasershow ?

Default PHOTONLEXICON JAM

When LaserLover mentioned chicken train, It made me think of the song I played Chicken with the Train by Cowboy Troy... Buffo says he doesnt like country music... well this is what they call hick-hop.
    A couple of oldies that other people might not think of.

Stray Cat Strut by the Stray Cats
    songs by Joe Walsh... I like Big Tits comes to mind or just about anything he does
    Pacman Fever by Buckner & Garcia
    Hit That by The Offspring

I agree with Spec.
    My interest is in beam shows and atmospherics effects but animations are fun. So it would be great to incorporate both in the show as LaserLover suggests!

This topic probably needs its own thread.

just a question, but cant we make ONE beam show, and one graphic show ?

only a idea

I've been out of touch for a while and look what happens... geezz

Anyways, I'm still in the building stages with my projector, but I'd be glad to help anyway I can.

Bear in mind, though, that I have no experience with laser shows.

In that regard, I have a question that may seem silly, but is it wise to produce a combined beam/graphics show?. I mean, if it's a graphics show, people will be looking at the screen, but for the beam part of the show, they'd have to turn back into the projector to percieve the effects, right?.

Yo can see my lack of experience by that question ops:

Anyway, as I said, I'm in.
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.

I sure wouldnt mind helping as well..

My time is limited with two jobs but hey..gotta have fun !!!

Im getting bored with the same old stuff I have here for shows

We could sure use some fresh Ideas..

I am a BIG fan of the Floyd ,, From their early stuff and on...
    Cant go wrong with any of their music Tied -in

Hell, Anything pyscedelic with beams shows or lumia works for me !
    Go for simple stuff first .. the work up from there .
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Default Selecting music...

Wow! Look at the traffic in this thread all of the sudden! (cool.... 8) )

If anyone wants to listen to the music suggested in any of the posts here, the quick and dirty way is to simply go to Amazon.com and search for the artist and song title. Then you can (usually) listen to a 30 second clip of the song.

It's not perfect, but it's enough to give you the flavor of the song. And if it's one you've heard before and simply forgotten about, it should be enough to jog your memory.

On the other hand, when we get down to a short list to choose from, then we'll probably want to host MP3 files of the songs we're thinking about so you can listen to the whole song. That's a little risky, considering the RIAA's stance on filesharing, but it's doable.

Adam

Hi folks,

It looks like we have a split in Laser show preferences so If we find suitable songs there's no reason why we can't make one Beam show and one Graphics show. A hybrid might also be possible depending on the song and your Imagination.
    Anyone is welcome to participate no matter what level you're working from.
    The more input and perspectives we have the better.
    I think beam shows are good when you have high power lasers and more than one color , otherwise they bore me after a while. Guess I've seen too many.
    Newbies who haven't seen a laser show seem to go GaGa on BEAMS as Carey mentioned one time.

Graphics are more challenging and better eye candy to express yourself in my opinion.

So lets hear your opinions and suggestions on songs.
    Perhaps we should create 2 new threads, one for Beams and one for Graphics laser show creation.

Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

The latest head count on participants:

So far we have the following participants:
    1. Liteglow
    2. Maxvideo
    3. Buffo
    4. Laser-Ad
    5. Spec
    6. Laserlover
    7. MechEng3
    8. Marconi
    9. Groover
    10. JKaiser3000

If we can get more people with spli interests it might be possible to make 2 shows.
    I'd like to know who wants to be on the Beam team and who's interested in Graphics so we can form groups .

I have 2 more tunes to sugest:

1. "Old time Rock N Roll "by Bob Seger, conjures all kinds of activities and mental Imagery that might work well in Graphics

2. "Get Rythym" by Ry Cooder is a great pick me up song and could work well for either graphics or beams.

Let me know what you think

Rick

I`m in for Beam-show

And for music, I dont have any to recomend at this moment..
    But whatever you decide is OK for me

I just hope that some one know about a song that everyone will like...

I see that some of you are more looking for a Beam show...Thats cool, but i am the opposite. Screen is really what i am interested in coloborating on right now..Maybe there are 2 teams that would actually be doing 2 different shows at the same time? Using the same song of course!
    then the two shows come together as one for a complete screen and beam experience...??? Just a thought

I do have 25 planetarium and hundreds of corporate show under my belt, so i have done a bit of this before, if anyone needs questions on how to start answered....or concept suggestions....

As for songs, Maybe something Corporate sounding like GET READY FOR THIS...
    or something planetarium like Eye in the Sky - Alan Parsons, would be fun to takcle....
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Hi Carey,

Your experience and tutoring/coaching would be very beneficial as most of us are not artists but avid hobbyists willing to learn the craft and put in the time.
    I have 2 Pango laser controllers but have only built frames and never put together a show before.
    The learniing curve for Pangolin is kinda steep if all you do is apply yourself once in a blue moon. I have much to learn so I hope you don't mind fielding our ?'s that would be appreciated.

Rick