Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: who do I have fo F%#k to get a award winning lasershow ?

Ask Away! I will try my best to help where and when i can! This could be a lot of fun! Im glad we dont have a timeline on it, dont wanna rush people, but i would say by end of summer, weh should have someting cool happening....

SO, Now, GANG.. Lets pick a song, and decide if we do a Screen Show or a MIXED Screen Beam show!, Lets break the song down into sections and Assign them out to guys... Lets brainstorm ideas for the song, and see how close we are to each other....

Does anyone have an FTP area that we can upload our sections for others to see? Also, Im gonna assume we will program IN COLOR and then anyone who doesnt have color can choose one color for ther output....
    once we have our sections, we need to keep that name till the end of the project.. when you update the ftp, you need to overwrite your old section so everyone can get your updates....
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Hi there !

What about make a new thread.
    And then we collect ALL songs that is preferd to use.
    Then ceep the List of all songs at the FIRST post !

When we have collected maybe 5-10 songs, we can have a VOTE for the best one to use ?

About FTP, there is many free webpages servers around that support 10-20mb FREE ftp

I like beamshows and the never ending excitement of starburst explosions of many colors. But I am interested in doing animation/frames of scenery and the like. It is too easy to take a frame and pan/tilt/morph. I was thinking along the lines of animating a character and maybe sending him/her on a little adventure......makes me think of alice in wonderland. White Rabbit for a tune???
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

The main reason I mentioned beamshows instead of graphics is NOT lack of experience!!!
    Its just I would like to come home, Relax, and throw on the stereo..
    It would be cool to also, throw on the lasershow without too much intervention..
    Beamshows are just more relaxing to me...nothing against graphic intensive themes.
    I just dont want to have to fool with a lot of having to put all my attention on the program and pushing/clicking buttons while Im resting.. I just wanna watch for a change., lumia's are cool but a little more mix.
    I was thinking of something more random in nature..It would always be different , not boring !!!
    Of course , I could always ~Hire~ someone to do that, But whats the point.
    Still, Yes, Graphics would show your stuff off nice..and stand out from the crowd with something different.
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Assaid before, I don't have much experience, but I'm in for graphics.

I'm currently using mamba 2004, which is a bit limited for beams (only two tracks). I'm more of a graphics drawing person anyway

So, again, count me in. I'm up for the challange of learning all I need, and then applying everything to a satisfying result 8)
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.

I agree that beamshows are often times more fun to look at.

I also think that trying to combine graphics and beams in a single show is quite difficult. You're either talking multiple projectors or else devoting the top half of the scan area to beams, and then using a bounce mirror to reflect them back towards the audience vs. forward to the screen...

However, I'm game for either project. (Or both, for that matter...)

Several people have mentioned that the new Pangolin software allows direct conversion from flash animations to ilda files. In light of this, I'm leaning more towards using flash to develop the frames... I believe there are more editing tools available for flash content than for ilda frames!

Adam