Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: who do I have fo F%#k to get a award winning lasershow ?

Default who do I have fo F%#k to get a award winning lasershow ?

Well..

I was searching for show\music to use for a laser show
    And I stumbled over the Pangolin show page !!!
    And as I understand pangoling has buyed most of whatever there is out there of shows and ILD files !? :roll:

When I read on the pangolin page it says:
    "This show was awarded third place in the 2000 Pangolin Prize competition"
    And
    awarded Third Place in the 1998 Laserists' Choice Brewster Award for Graphics.
    there is more...
    This show was awarded third place in the 2000 ILDA Awards

And it never ends

But most of this shows was produced from 1998-2000 ! it`s 6 years ago and more !!!!

So is it not time to sell some of this shows to a regular laser user out there?
    And maybe GIVE IT away for free ? is it not shareware in laser SW ? :lol:

Well, I got money so if I need to buy a show... where do I find one ?

I thinking of a 2-4minute long music show !!

Thanx

If you buy Pangolin software, you get licences to use a vast number of shows included, some with music. This is yet another great thing about Pangolin software.

Otrherwise, international laser productions have a huge amount of material. You might want to have a look here.

http://www.internatlaser.com/SHOWSA.htm
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Default Laser Show files for sale

Holey smokes! $1500 bucks for the collection...

Don't know about the rest of you, but I can't afford that. They may be truely incredible shows, but at that price I'll never see them.

Adam

There is one german company that has a software that converts 3D studio animations to laser. I'm not sure but I think they convert it to ilda as well.

I'll try to locate the link and se if it's something that could be useful.
    You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

Groover;

If you follow the link that Dave posted, you'll see that the same company that has the collection of laser shows for sale for $1500 also sells the software to convert 3D Studio Max objects to ilda files. I didn't check the price of that software though.

(Not that it would matter, since I'm pretty sure the conversion software is actually a plug-in for 3D Studio, which means you need to have 3D Studio Max installed first. Only problem is that 3D Studio Max is super-expensive too.)

Sigh... Lasers certainly aren't a cheap hobby...

Adam

soooh..
    buying a single show for 3min is impossible ? ..

That is sad !

Lets say you wanted to create your own laser show.
    Say you have a favourite song that lasts 4 minutes exactly.
    Say you are using a Pangolin Pro QM2000 laser controller and you have an external digitizing pad rather than use the on screen frame creating software.
    Say you already have skills in creating freehand Images without having to import frames and trace them by hand.
    If you want to make a show you start with the song #1, then jot down your Ideas on paper perhaps brainstorm with a group of creative associates and generate a story, create a story board, sketch Images on paper and finally transfer those Ideas and Images into digital Frames stored on the computer.
    It might take you weeks to get to this point, then you have to fine tune, add & play with special effects etc... and synchronize your laser frames to the music and do countless adjustments until you're happy with the end result. It could easily take hundreds of hours of work just to make one animated graphics laser show.
    If you do this for a living, you have to charge a resonable price for your work and If you plan to sell copies of professionally made shows then I can start to see that $1500 is cheap for the collection of frames and shows mentioned above.

If you are starting from scratch as a Laserist eventually you realize this is a money pit hobby and you have a lot to learn. Be patient and have fun.
    I have a lot to learn .

Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

haha LaserLover
    Thanx for that..

Oh yea I really undersand what your saying....

I did maybe think that someone did sell ONE single show !
    Not a complete pack with hundreds

But yes I know what it`s all about, I always working on show for myself..
    And afteer all, it`s more cool to show ppl YOUR own show that something else

Cheers..

Default Laser Shows

A couple of years back, ILDA members had a project where interested members could contibute to the making of a laser show. Sort of a group co-op in-house effort.
    Their project was called LaserJam.
    Details can be found at the link:

http://www.laserist.org/Laserist/Ind...ws_Wint02.html

Maybe we could have a project like this with photonlexicon members. I would be willing to contribute what I could.

I think making our own "laserJam" might be fun If we can find enough talented individuals to participate and each member gets a finished copy of the laser show.
    Perhaps start our own library of shows.

I'm in for whatever I can contribute although I'm not much of an artist, I think I have a good Imagination when it comes to creating a theme, story line etc...

Anyone else interested in a long experiment ?

Carey what do you think?

Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010