Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RGB Laser group buy

I like to write that this "ultra-cheap" stuff is NOT so well fittet to use at big-rooms...
    And that it can`t scan graphic at 40kpps :lol:

It make me feel better knowing that MY setup worth 5000$ will do better than this

When I think of all the money I have used making myself a RGB projector, and not to mention the TIME !!
    It`s sure hurts to se a 1600$ projector selling

WOW! You spent 5 grand on your projector? ops: I didn't know you had that much invested!

I seem to remember that you had a pretty large DPSS blue laser in there - over 200 mw, right? I imagine that's where a lot of the money is...

And the purple beam that you've got for your avitar *is* rather striking, I've got to admit!

But remember, my avitar pic was made with under 60 mw of total power. So if the room is dark enough and you have enough fog, you can do some amazing things...

Your point about "big rooms" needing "big power" is correct. If you want to do beams, you either need *lots* of power, or a *whole lot* of fog in a dark room. I can't afford lots of power, so I go the "lots of fog in a dark room" route! (Though a hazer would be the ideal solution. Too bad they cost about 8-10 times as much as a fogger!) But I agree that more power is always better.

Even though these cheap projectors exist, I'm still going to continue with my plans to add red and blue to my monochrome green projector. I think the experience will be good for me. But I also want one of these F2000 units so I can just plug it in and start doing graphics. (In fact, I think that when I do finally get one, I'm going to install the DT-40 galvos from my Alphalite projector into the F2000 box so I get the best of both worlds! I can always put the 15Kpps galvos from the F2000 back into the Alphalite box.)

I'd also like to upgrade to the Easylase USB DAC and the Mamba Black software... (Analog blanking, syncronizing shows to music, and no parallel-port hot spots or pauses!)

Long term, I'd like to have several working projectors. If I can ever get this HGM 5 working CW, I'd like to be able to do beams and diffraction grating effects with it. I figure that, plus two RGB projectors, should make for a decent show in my living room! Maybe even my backyard... (Though fogging up the backyard might be a little difficult!)

Adam

That avatar of yours is pretty damn nice

I dont know how much I have used total :roll:
    800$ on galvos (+ some more stuff)
    1100$ on blue laser (maybe more if they upgrade it)
    650$ on red lasers
    400$ green laser
    400$ Mamaba Usb dac
    and mirror mounts.. filters.. mounting plates.. case.. wires...

Not to mention the parts I have here that dont work any more
    100mW red lasers that is burned out...
    8kpps galvos that dont is used...
    240mW green DPSS that not work perfect anymore...

And some other stuff

So in total to get this project complete.. yes i`m alomost close to have used 5000$

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz
    i wired the money for 3 units on monday. however, i got a call at work today from buffo and he said someone said they wanted one or two. So I dropped an email to the supplier and they said disapointingly they they have not shipped the units yet. so i will PM this person with my number. If you want them I would need money tomarrow or you could wait until my next order.

anyhow, price is $1400 + $75 shipping

also, yes to clear up confusion, full auto only supports ttl modulation but the lasers support analog. Even with ttl, the lasers do make a real white, a real teal, and real yellow, etc etc
    I PMed you, I am interested in one. I talked to Adam (Buffo) about getting one so I may be the person he was referring to. Just got back from a 2 week vaction so I missed what has been going on here.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Hey Fred! Welcome back! How was Alaska? (pictures.... PICTURES!)

I told Dream beamz that you were interested in one, but that you were out of town. He's already done two orders, and I don't know how many more he plans to make. (Turns out he's not making any real money on the deals...)

I'd love to get one myself, but there's just no way right now. (sigh) Maybe for C-mass!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo
    Hey Fred! Welcome back! How was Alaska? (pictures.... PICTURES!)

I told Dream beamz that you were interested in one, but that you were out of town. He's already done two orders, and I don't know how many more he plans to make. (Turns out he's not making any real money on the deals...)

I'd love to get one myself, but there's just no way right now. (sigh) Maybe for C-mass!

Adam
    Alaska was great! I will get some pics online this weekend and send you the link.
    I pm`ed Dream beams two days ago but have not heard back from him yet. I will be posting some of my laser on the sale board too, including my multi-line argon and maybe the RGY I just put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroguy
    I pm`ed Dream beams two days ago but have not heard back from him yet.
    Dream beamz is pretty busy these days - especially during the week. Give him some time and he'll probably catch up with you on the weekend. (His day job keeps him hopping...)

Adam

Dream beams:

Are you dropshipping these or do you get them home and then send them out?

I'm in Europe and shipping would be rather expencive if it's not dropshipped. Of couse this is if there is another batch on the way.
    You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

Dream Beams, I sent you another PM and want to get one of these units if the offer we talked about on the phone is still good.

I found this link. It's not the + model but some photos of it. http://www.ohthepain.com/laser/
    You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!