Thread: SELEM V - duct tape duty.

Default SELEM V - duct tape duty.

Just how many times did the fire alarm go off???

Finally someone taped off the smoke sensors - after 10+ ?
    Last edited by icecruncher; 08-21-2011 at 06:26.

wow that ladder is crazy

is it osha approved(hehehe)

We use disposable gloves here in Austarlia. And don't have ladders like that is that a circus ladder?

Quote Originally Posted by icecruncher View Post
    Just how many times did the fire alarm go off???

Finally someone taped off the smoke sensors - after 10+ ?
    I wasn't there honest. (UK Show LEM members will know what I'm talking about)

Not only did we set the fire alarm off more times than ever before, we actually had the fire department show up! Only this time, it wasn't our fault. We had made arrangements with the alarm company to make CERTAIN that any fire alarms would not be called-in to the local fire department. However, there is a school that is attached to the auditorium, and one of the classrooms in the school had a smoke detector that had been broken (and alarming) for several days. Apparently at some point on Saturday night, a concerned resident looked out her window and noticed that the fire alarm strobes were going off in the school classroom, so they called the fire department.

So once again, the Newton City Fire Department showed up in full bunker gear with scott air packs and a thermal imaging camera expecting to find the building on fire. Sigh. Once again we had to tell them that it was a false alarm, but at least this time it wasn't our fault. More importantly, while they were in the lobby listening to our explanation, someone opened the auditorium door to the hallway and left it open for just a few seconds too long, which set off the building fire alarm again! So at that point, they could see for themselves what was happening, and they were satisfied.

I think that massive Martin hazer unit that Ragdoll brought was just too big for the auditorium. Though even when we switched to the DF-50 we still had problems. I'll bet we set the alarm off at least 20 times this year. Maybe more than that even!

Adam

hey at least we do free fire alarm testing for them lol