Thread: Stonetek

Default Stonetek

I'm not sure exactly what's going on here. I'm under the impression that Mr. Stoner is running Stontek.org from his home so I understand that personal matters can have a big impact on business efficiency but this is my experience so far. I purchased 3 LPC-815 diodes a couple months ago through his site and after waiting a week for them I contacted him wondering where they were. He was quick to reply and apologized for the mistake. His books said that the order had shipped but he couldn't find the tracking information so he didn't know what happened. But to make up for it he shipped three diodes via priority mail and gave me a full refund of the purchase price. I was very pleased with his customer service and told him I would buy from him again. The diodes arrived about 2 days later.

Toward the end of July I ordered three more of the same diodes from him but again the same thing happened. I waited 2 weeks this time and nothing came. I sent him an email inquiring about the diodes but this time i got no response. a few days later I sent another email but still no response. I feel bad for doing so since he showed me such great service the first time, but I have now filed a dispute through PayPal and have still heard nothing from him. It is possible that he has had some personal crisis which has prevented him from working but it has been almost a month since I placed my order and I have not received even an email reassuring me that my order is coming. I don't know if he is a part of this forum or not and I still have faith that he will correct this issue but as of now I am left in the dark. I don't know if my experience with him is unique or if others have had the same issues but I figured I would post in here and see what others have to say. I will post the resolution to this matter as it unfolds.
    Last edited by ZeroPoint; 08-20-2011 at 01:29.
    LASERS!!

1x Homemade 500mW 405nm Projector
    1x Homemade 1.2W RGB Projector
    1x Lightspace Color Ray Series 6W RGB
    2x Lightspace Venus 2W RGB

ZPL Lighting www.zpllighting.com

I've known Mr. Stoner (Greg) for around 4/5 years now, and a while back he had some pretty intense back surgery. Ever since, he has issues being at the computer for long periods of time (pain), and I have found he is sometimes slow replying to emails also. Like you though, I feel he'll work it out in the end.

He is a member here on PL....

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...php/464-SenKat

as well as on LPF....

http://laserpointerforums.com/members/senkat_stonetek/

As Things stated... he has had back problems for a while...
    You might try to contact him through PMs as well...

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Thanks guys. I could tell by the way he handled my first order that he is very concerned with customer satisfaction and so even though this second order is experiencing longer delays I don't feel giving him a bad review would be very fair. I was just unsure what to make of the situation since I have not heard from him through email or through PayPal. I will try contacting him on here. Hopefully he receives one of the messages so I can at least close the dispute. I am not worried that it won't get worked out I just wanted to have a record of the situation for my own protection.
    LASERS!!

1x Homemade 500mW 405nm Projector
    1x Homemade 1.2W RGB Projector
    1x Lightspace Color Ray Series 6W RGB
    2x Lightspace Venus 2W RGB

ZPL Lighting www.zpllighting.com