Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gotta love being hired for a gig just for your name on the flyer.. joke ass promoters

Default Gotta love being hired for a gig just for your name on the flyer.. joke ass promoters

So this d-bag promoter here in Seattle owes me money from doing a laser show a year ago and still hasn't paid me... and now this weekend, he is putting on this show called LAZERLAND http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php...25532634129030 . He advertised me on the flyer as lasers by Slick Lasers, and then decided to go and buy a bunch of chinese lasers to shine on the crowd... I talked to him about it and he said, I was gonna use you, but then decided I could get a bunch of these lasers off line for $250 each so I'm gonna just get them and shine them on the crowd.
    What should I do? Should I take him to court for advertising me and then going another route? Or just leave it be??? In my head, they advertised that I would be doing lasers, and used my name and reputation for putting on a good laser show to sell this show, and then canceled me... Now everyone that goes, is gonna think that I do sub-standard cheezy laser shows...

Your thoughts???

First I'd send all the proof I had to Dan, Dale, and Woody at the CDRH and make sure they get someone to the event to check out them projectors then I'd talk to a lawyer.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

^^^ What Allthat said....

I wouldn't let it slide, on principle alone.

As no percentages were discussed, their is a trade name violation ocurring.
    1. you have to file for damages in civil court. the reason being is that by the assclown using your name, and not affiliated with him, if he does injury to people by using junk lasers, he in effect damages your reputation IE; if you were to get sued YOU would be sued as the lasershow supplier, he cannot hold himself harmless on thi one.. Make SURE you get your hands on a flyer. I think the washington State revanue and taxation office would LOVE to see his "papers"... severe fines in your state guys.. use the rules in your favor.. now if your just small time SHHhhhhhhhh!

I'd contact the venue first.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Tonight on News at 11, Investigative reporter Wendy Wordsmith interviews.... Just kidding.

At least send a cease and desist notice for CYA.

Steve

I would call EVERYONE at the CDRH that will pick up the phone and tell them theres going to be all sorts of illegal fun times at that place at that time

then report back... I'm curious if anyone actually does anything at the CDRH

and as far as your name thing, civil court

So I talked to the person who bought the lasers for the show.. they got 12 of these (http://www.amazon.com/Instapark%C2%A...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t)... LAZERLAND? You mean Mosquito laser land????

Wow well when you go High Class.......

but its the NEWEST VERSION!!! it must be good!!!