Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ladies and gentleman my first Kvant

yea.. i am guessing around 9000 also.

If these were around ~5000 USD then I would possibly bite. But I know that aint gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    I'm going to guess at around $9,000 with CT's.

They are an excellent projector Gabriel. Build quality is 1st class.

Only bad thing is they're blue heavy but that's easily adjusted out in the software. So you can either have a blue heavy 1.6W or a 1:1:1 balanced 900mw. Just depends on which you value most, deep purples and pinks or a more luminous range of lighter colours.
    In fact I have to adjust the output.

On Fiesta to have a good color calibration I have to lower the brightness to 50%, without this adjustment the color passages aren't smooth but rough.

It's difficult for example create a low level of white (gray)...I see the red over a thin white line

How many step of brightness has a laser? 256?

Many people on here report a good white balance with a 1:1:1 ratio of 532:642:445.

Try adjusting to this ration ie 300mw of each.

As for the red over a thin white line, sounds more as if the alignment might be a little out.

what did you mean by turn the brightness down 50% ? just the blue down 50%
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

It's difficult for example create a low level of white (gray)...I see the red over a thin white line
    I suspect that the red fringe is due to the distance you are projecting at (quite close range)

If you extend the range, you'll probably find the green and blue will diverge faster than the red and they'll be comparable beam sizes. I see a similar 'fat' red with my Kvant 637, but it all evens out at 'show' ranges.

BTW, what do you think of the Fiesta.NET? I'd love to hear an objective review, without all the usual stuff that goes on when anyone suggests an alternative to Pangolin
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I get a good balance with all three at full power; I actually have both of the units that were at SELEM at my house and both run very well at full power. I train each of my "white" levels in a custom color pallette.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post

BTW, what do you think of the Fiesta.NET? I'd love to hear an objective review, without all the usual stuff that goes on when anyone suggests an alternative to Pangolin
    Why not just download the demo and try it for yourself?

I have it sat on my desktop and can't say I'm that impressed but got it for comparison purposes - from the little I've played with it, its simple in form.

You lose most of the instant power on the live show side compared to QS but gain some back on the cue creation side.

I haven't tried the timeline.

Hopefully that was a fair and objective answer.
    Last edited by White-Light; 08-27-2011 at 00:11.

I used the QS 2 demo first

then I purchased LSX-Pro

withe the dac I received Fiesta.Net

Having used for 20 years Adobe products since the first release of After Effects (not Adobe 20 years ago) and Autodesk 3D softwares (3DS Max, Autocad) I can say that all of them (laser softwares) need a lot of improvements.
    I asked to Pangolin a Beyond demo but they said that now is not ready because Beyond is like a beta release now, is not bug free and complete at 100%. It's ok for the people that own LD 2000 because with Beyond have two possibilities to create shows.

QS2 is good for medium creative people, for who wants to have tons of ready made effects, cues, animations. You put the effects on the timeline, et voilà, the show is ready.

Fiesta.NET has the same philosophy. The timeline is not powerful like the QS2 one. I like the possibility of nesting an infinite (?) number of transformations to basic primitives. Is ok for geometric effects. It's good for beam effects and not to draw graphics.
    No transitions, no keyframe on the timeline. The keyframer is really poor, needs to be redesigned from scratch (this is my personal opinion)
    Like QS2 you won't be able to move events from a track to another. I think that Michal designed Fiesta for own personal use, in fact he doesn't answer to all my questions or says that all the requested features are useless.

Another story is LSX. You know well the man behind this software.
    It's a young software (the new LSX incarnation), has windows NT like interface, but is powerful, is the software that I was looking for (Beyond not tested yet).
    With LSX you have a frame by frame editor. On the timeline you can add whatever effect you want. You can move your cues freely. You have a powerful keyframes, every effect can be keyframed with mathematical functions. You want to create an oscilloscope? Yes, you can. You can create tons of different abstract drawings and drive them with a midi controller or audio.
    Is not easy to use, you haven't tons of cues but you can drag and drop ild files directly on the timeline.
    Every day I wrote to DrLava and he answers me with punctuality. He added a lot of new features that I asked. If you will ask to Pangolin or Showtacle a new feature you will wait months...I guess.
    LSX is for creative people, for who wants to do experimentation and not only random beams.

Thanks very much for the detailed response.

Why not just download the demo and try it for yourself?
    I have already but wanted to know what its like in a gig situation. This is where you really find out about live software imo
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

gabrielefx. features in beyond get added pretty fast nowadays. you do not have to wait months. the LD2000 series together with either BEYOND 3D or LC-max produce excellent quality graphics.
    For beamshows I can't speak because I hardly make them.
    For graphics I'd go for pangolin
    you have many possiblities to create graphics, from flash to 3ds max to cinema 4D to their own program, also photorealism is sort of possible though mostly your animations will look like a cartoon outline.
    I did notice LSX gets their improvements really really fast, but so does pangolin I doubt other companies then Pangolin and LSX really listen to their clients.
    For instance Phoenix lasershow is a great example of this... the support is horrible and dies of when you don't keep paying for updates and so on.
    there are a lot of highly professional shows. Imho when you want the best: Pangolin and LSX are the best choices you can get.