Thread: 110v multi-line gas lasers

Default 110v multi-line gas lasers

I want to build a lumia rig using a gas laser, wondering what if any options there are for a multi-line at 110v air cooled. Thanks
    leading in trailing technology

Not quite sure what you're meaning here?

You have exactly the same options as any other laser. The lumia bit is not really laser dependant, it's basically just stuff that you place into the beam to distort it.

I guess if you were using a multi-line argon you'd only get subtle blue/green colours. However, stick a red diode (or two) in the mix and you'd get a decent colour gamut.

Or are you just wanting to explore the options of *buying* a gas laser for lumia?

Cheers

Jem
    Last edited by Jem; 08-23-2011 at 07:03.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

PM Daguin.....

"desert planet. arrakis"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    I want to build a lumia rig using a gas laser, wondering what if any options there are for a multi-line at 110v air cooled. Thanks
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I have a laser physics reliant 250 from a mobolazer that makes 5 lines. It runs on a 120V outlet. Its should do 250+ mw but is currenty doing only 30mw I am thinking argon is the way to go because of all the lines.

Yep just looking for models part numbers of lasers to buy, 220 would also be OK. Just no 3-phase.

Thanks
    leading in trailing technology

ALC 60X, ILT makes really nice small frame lasers, Omnichrome 150 or 532, Melles Griot heads are on ebay all day long. that's all I can think of at the moment.

I've got a Laser Physics Reliant 250, but mine's got <1000 hours and makes >250mW in 7 or 8 lines. $500 shipped
    I also have a Reliant 300C which is ~300mW, mostly 488nm blue with some 514nm green in a dental curing setup with an (easily removable) fiber coupler. $400 shipped

If you're not familiar with the Laser Physics stuff, they are self contained (laser, power supply and cooling fan in one compact enclosure that's not much bigger than a 60X head), air cooled and run on 110VAC.

I like gas lasers for lumia efffects alot better than diode. Diode you get three colors, and blends of three colors R G B.
    with an Ion laser you get 6,7 sometimes 8 lines and any color combinations of those 7 or 8 lines. The transition between the color *swirls* seems to be alot smoother if you use a prism to break up the beam just before it goes into the lumia wheel. Add the red from a He-ne, then yah have 9 lines. potentially 9 colors to mix and mess around with.
    the down side to gas rigs... electricity, water,or for the air cooled units, waste heat. The waste heats ok in the winter cause your heating your home/apartment with heat that is coming from a very cool looking source! However, I live in central California. trying to dump the waste heat outta the room during summertime becomes a serious P I T A when the temp outside is in the high 90s~low 100s.
    Will there be three phase!!!!