Thread: MM-1 replacement spring

Default MM-1 replacement spring

I have an old-ish MM-1 that had some sticky screws, and in the process of trying to take it apart I managed to break the springs (they were also stuck, and twisted themselves up in the process of unscrewing them). It's an older style or something - the springs were held in by a grub and a round-head screw, rather than by pins like others seem to have. Does anyone know what the specs are on the spring used or where to get replacements?

Well, start at small parts.
    http://www.smallparts.com/s?prevKeyw...413831&x=0&y=0

Then hit McMaster Carr.

Chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

well sort of...they were designed to go together but not come apart...just like my micromounts you will have a very difficult time finding that "spring" it was custom designed for them.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

I have repaired mine before. I found some springs from a hole-in-the-wall Ace hardware. They looked like a cabinet spring.... or a door spring. You know, one with eyelets at each end. I cut it to size, bent some eyelets in it. I drilled out the screw holes in the MM-1 and made a recess in them. I ran the springs through and put pins through the spring eyelets at each end. This was back when it was very hard to find MM-1's for under $50... say, about 15 years ago. Now, it would be better to save the time and effort and just find some used ones on eBay for $20. Just throwing in my 2 pennies.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.