Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'd like to thank...

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default I'd like to thank...

I'd like to thank the folks that got me to Selem. You guys are one class act. I'll do my best to help out some one next year, so they can go.

I'd also like to thank a few PLers who wrote some very nice letters of reference. It really, really, did help in getting the new job, which started the Monday of SELEM week. This is why I could only spend one day at SELEM, had to fly out to SELEM on Friday after work, and be at work today at 8 AM. I got into the hotel at 12 midnight on Friday.

A thanks to Mr "Plasma Fan", who kindly picked me up at the airport hotel at 10 am Saturday, and then got me back at 1:30 AM Sunday morning.

I'd also like to thank the "Big Guy Upstairs" who upgraded me to FIRST CLASS on both flights on the way back. Considering I booked so close to the flight, it had to be a act of God, that my seats were changed. I'm pretty sure about that, because I was back to Akron in time for Church,

A profound thanks guys, I needed that.
    Steve

It would not have been as good a SELEM without you there Steve. I for one am very thankful you made it
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

SELEM with out Steve.....NEVER!!!!!
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Steve, I think you needed SELEM this year as much as SELEM needed you! Really glad it worked out as well as it did. Keep us posted on how things work out with the new job... And mark your calender for next year dude!

Adam

Meeting you was one of the reasons I decided to fly in for my first SELEM.

It was a pleasure.

Peace,
    dave

Sounds like you guys had a ball.

But.... I can feel another nekkid group hug coming on!!!!
    This space for rent.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

You foreigners sure are a friendly bunch.....

Ya know richard, I sometimes worry about the sites you frequent to find these pictures
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

whats the key to getting "upgraded" on flights , a rose for the hostess ? a tie , special handshake ? ... or is it an american thing ? ...certainly never happened to me ! maybe i have to grow a special type of moustache

paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    I'd like to thank the folks that got me to Selem. You guys are one class act. I'll do my best to help out some one next year, so they can go.

A thanks to Mr "Plasma Fan", who kindly picked me up at the airport hotel at 10 am Saturday, and then got me back at 1:30 AM Sunday morning.

A profound thanks guys, I needed that.
    Steve
    You're welcome. Fun talking and learned a lot at SELEM. Made the ride to and from Newton a lot shorter. My wife even enjoyed having you along.

I'll be sending you a PM also, later.