Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: novation zero sl controller and livepro

Default novation zero sl controller and livepro

Hi, just found a second hand novation midi controller, will pick it up this evening.
    Do i have to load any software before being able to use it with livepro/quicksho or is it plug and play?

Michel

I don't think you'll have to load any software, but you'll have to map the controls to LivePRO/QS (not difficult).

I'm sure someone once posted a ready made 'map'. I used to use one quite some time ago but I don't think I have the mapping any more.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

that would really be helpfull, that way i do not have to create all the mappings myself.
    anyone using the same controller and cares to share his mapping file, if it is this easy?

You are too lazy?

here is a template I used a long time ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ZeRO-V3.3.jpg  

now you reply, still waiting for the price for your zero sl mk II.
    can get a zero sl too but like the mk II better, send you several mails/facebook etc but reaction ;-) would like to use it next saturday for a party.

and i am not lazy, i thought it would be a mapping file but the screenshot is also a nice one to use, thanks

so i got my novation, hooked it up using usb, openend livepro and i can use the sliders and pots but somehow i cannot get the buttons to be mapped, how do i do this?

Found older topic with usefull info:
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...Rocks!!!/page2

lets see how far i get.
    Last edited by michelrietveld; 08-24-2011 at 23:50.

too bad quickshow and beyond do not support similar midi control functions as livepro.

Quote Originally Posted by michelrietveld View Post
    too bad quickshow and beyond do not support similar midi control functions as livepro.
    They both do support MIDI. Was using Beyond last night and playing with the MIDI interface.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    They both do support MIDI. Was using Beyond last night and playing with the MIDI interface.
    Beyond is nowhere near the midi support in LivePro. For live I find beyond completely useless at the moment. you cant even stop a frame moving with the speed slider. basic functions what is even possible in much simpler software packages. and have you tried starting or stopping tracks (zones) with a midi keyboard in beyond?