Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SELEM V wrap-up

oh right... wasn't every selem attendee getting a free show from buffo?
    *cough* Gimme *cough*

As my friend Stone says, the Brotherhood of the Beam!

Thanks for the Awards, I did not expect that; I wanted to share what I have done with everyone that has hoped to experience it over the years! - Tim

Don't forget the bats! Watching hundreds of bats streaming from the auditorium wall on Friday night was one of the highlights of SELEM for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserWizard View Post
    Brotherhood of the Beam!
    hah I'm totally going to use that

as always SELEM was a blast... blood sweat and tears but its a great event full of awesome people!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Don't forget the bats! Watching hundreds of bats streaming from the auditorium wall on Friday night was one of the highlights of SELEM for me.
    Yep, me too - that was FREAKY cool!!

I still say they need to host a "Phantom of the Opera" performance, and use the bats as a prop.....
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Wow, nice write up, thanks, I felt like I was there! It sounds like an awesome LEM. I think I should plan to come to the next LEM, despite the huge distance.

Beyond sounds interesting, I wonder how much it will cost to upgrade from QS?
    This space for rent.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    oh right... wasn't every selem attendee getting a free show from buffo?
    *cough* Gimme *cough*
    HAHA! I wondered who would be the first one to ask. I'm actually making a small change to the show, and then it will be ready for release. I noticed a timing error when I watched it in the auditorium, so I want to fix that. Also, I have a lot of unused frames in the frame file, so I need to delete all those to make it smaller. Once that's done I'll post it on the Panolin show portal, and I'll upload it to the PL FTP server as well.

Note that Aaron also has a couple shows to give out to Pangolin users. Mario (Ragdoll) has his own record label, so he donated a few songs to the group ROYALTY-FREE. Aaron used those songs to make a couple cool beam-shows, and he will be posting them shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Wow, nice write up, thanks, I felt like I was there! It sounds like an awesome LEM. I think I should plan to come to the next LEM, despite the huge distance.
    Would be great to have you, Wayne! If you ever decide to make the trip, let me know in advance and we'll do something special.
    Beyond sounds interesting, I wonder how much it will cost to upgrade from QS?
    It's damned interesting! You should have seen the jaws drop in the room as Bill went over the new features. Honestly, when I saw Beyond a couple years ago, I thought "Meh - it's just a 3D environment. I don't need it." But I'm here to tell you that its *way* more than that. It's nothing short of a complete replacement for both Showtime and Lasershow Designer. To me, the unlimited tracks with unlimited effects was enough to convince me it was worth the upgrade, but then I learned about the real-time manipulation of all controls INCLUDING ABSTRACTS, and my head exploded.

Trust me - Beyond is really something cool. See if you can get in touch with a Pangolin dealer near you who will let you take it for a test drive. I promise you will be impressed.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Would be great to have you, Wayne! If you ever decide to make the trip, let me know in advance and we'll do something special.
    Thanks man! I'll see if kit, Tony, Dave or Adrian can make it too. An Aussie assault!
    It's damned interesting! You should have seen the jaws drop in the room as Bill went over the new features. Honestly, when I saw Beyond a couple years ago, I thought "Meh - it's just a 3D environment. I don't need it." But I'm here to tell you that its *way* more than that. It's nothing short of a complete replacement for both Showtime and Lasershow Designer. To me, the unlimited tracks with unlimited effects was enough to convince me it was worth the upgrade, but then I learned about the real-time manipulation of all controls INCLUDING ABSTRACTS, and my head exploded.

Trust me - Beyond is really something cool. See if you can get in touch with a Pangolin dealer near you who will let you take it for a test drive. I promise you will be impressed.

Adam
    Yeah, MIDI control of abstracts and ALL controls got me excited!

I'll see if Dave or Bill can give me a demo to play with... What's that noise? Oh, it's just the sound of my wallet flapping open empty in the breeze...
    This space for rent.

"""Finally, in closing let me offer my deepest thanks to those brave souls (you know who you are) who stayed late on Sunday to help us clean everything up after it was all over. It was a lot of work to pack all that stuff up, and the rain only made it worse. Thank you so much for sticking around after everyone else had left. I would have been there until midnight without you guys!""" Quoted by Adam (buffo)

We love you Adam no matter what! no homo! Beam Brother of the Brotherhood of the Beam! OG! Achronem for (Old but Good)
    Last edited by beamann; 08-27-2011 at 15:43. Reason: add on statement
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

"Brotherhood of the Beam" has a nice ring to it. I think that ought to be our motto from now on!

Adam