Thread: freestyler DMX fault i need help with pleeeeaaassseeeeee :)

Default freestyler DMX fault i need help with pleeeeaaassseeeeee :)

iv been using freestyler for a long time now and love the program. i used to use it all the time with a velleman usb dac and a small amount of lights. then i bought a lighting desk and started to program on that for a few years. the desk was fantastic and had fixture files and was pretty advanced, the only problem back then with both freestyler and my desk was they didnt have FX generators so took a long time to create half decent shows. then found that freestyler had added a fixture generator so tried it on 4 moving heads and it was amazing. i love using it and helps me out so much to create a fantastic show. i recently bought another 6 moving heads and it works great with all of them.

im doing a full lighting show for a festival so im using all of my equipment so started testing last week, iv setup all the movers which work great, then i hooked up my 4 x abstract xp2s, my 4 x martin 812s and 4 x chauvet intimidators. all of them suffered from a terrible stuttering when trying to use the fade feature and when scrolling round with the pan tilt.

i decided to do some testing so hooked 1 martin up and the problem was still there, i decided to remove all the other fixtures off the workspace and controlled 1 fixture and it was pretty smooth and controlled i then started adding fixtures until id added about 6 or 8 and they gradually started stuttering worse with every fixture.

its extremly strange cause the movers work fine and all other fixtures are perfect but every scanner is stuttery. its not the laptop as im using a quad core 2.3ghz, 4gb ram laptop. i tried using the scanners on my desk and they worked fine.

im looking to try and use all the fixtures on the laptop and cant handle the stuttering as it looks awful can anyone please please please help

thanks so much in advance
    oli
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

Does Freestyler allow you to alter the DMX frame rate at all? This can often improve things.
    I would think the Freestyler forum might be a better choice if its at all software related.
    Have you tried a DMX splitter/buffer in the signal path?
    Also, have you terminated the DMX line? Normally only becomes relevant with long chains, which is why a splittewr is useful as it allows easier trouble shooting and smaller chains.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Default re

hi norty

thought it might be you that replied as you seem to be the only other person here interested in freestyler as well as i am . thanks for that mate, i havent tried a terminator but will do asap. i have contacted the freestyler forum too but just thought id ask on here aswell as freestyler has popped up a couple of times.

thanks for your help

oli
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

Try this site http://www.lumikit.com.br/
    they have dmx software for free, very good (I used it everyday)
    I think it is compatible with your interface, at least you can troubleshoot!

The site is sin PT_BR but the download link is pretty obvious, and the software is in English too.
    Cheers