Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a CDRH person in FL?

Default Is there a CDRH person in FL?

It seems like *every single* nighclub in Miami has all sorts of illegal laser installs pointing straight down and all sorts of other wonderful things... I'm really tired of it, is there someone I can send a list of clubs to?

I would start with Dale or Woody at the CDRH and they should be able to refer you to our local rep who I think is out of Tampa... But I might be wrong. There is a list of their numbers in the CDRH wiki.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

hrmm, what are the odds of getting someone to drive from Tampa to Miami

Very good, it is his job... Why wouldn't he want to drive that far? It is all on the clock.

His name is Leo and he is a very diligent guy. I would though be careful how much you stir the pot... doing that kind of thing has not insubstantial ramifications for many people beyond you and the club. Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Laser View Post
    His name is Leo and he is a very diligent guy. I would though be careful how much you stir the pot... doing that kind of thing has not insubstantial ramifications for many people beyond you and the club. Just my .02.
    I really don't care anymore, I just witnessed the straw that broke the camels back... normally I really don't care about illegal installs, but theres a new club thats opening that has a ton of ~1W 445 projectors all pointing straight into the audience and when I mentioned them, I was told they are 5mw and certified

Well of course that is no good. Do you know what brand they are?

1W 445 pointing into the crowd is not just a serious eye hazard but also a fire hazard. I would start with the fire marshal because they will be the most immediately responsive. PM me the name of the club please and let me see what I can find out.

X-laser is this your company or just a like name; http://www.x-laser.com/?

We are one in the same. I like people to know who they are talking to on the forums just out of respect if nothing else. =)

Quote Originally Posted by X-Laser View Post
    Well of course that is no good. Do you know what brand they are?

1W 445 pointing into the crowd is not just a serious eye hazard but also a fire hazard. I would start with the fire marshal because they will be the most immediately responsive. PM me the name of the club please and let me see what I can find out.
    I cant reveal the brand of the lasers or the name of the club.. but I am happy to say, the CDRH works... albeit silently

they came down in full force with people from the state and city PD... they went after the manufacturer also which was in the US selling non-compliant stuff

amazing the system works sometimes!