Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FB3 SE

Question FB3 SE

Hi,
    I just got my hands on a FB3-SE.
    I have downloaded all the software and it is running fine with QS.
    I have also downloaded livequick, but how can I load cues from QS to Livequick, to transfer to the memory card of the QS?
    Thanks!

I have done this and it works OK.

From the manual (which does not describe the process in much detail at all)...

"If there is no DMX-512 signal present, and no connection to active LiveQUICK program, the Flashback 3 SE will operate in Standalone mode.

In LiveQUICK, you can assign any cue to automatically start after the Flashback 3 SE is powered up.
    "

There is no "load cues from QS" as such. If I remember rightly, you open a compatible show in LiveQUICK, then choose the first cue and set to play automatically then transfer to the FB3. Close LiveQUICK, swap USB cable to a power supply (I use an iPod charger) and watch the LEDs flicker on the FB3 as the show starts playing in stand-alone!

There you go B....clear as mud

U shouldn't have any problem with that !

Cheers

I did it once at the office but will have to go through it again before I can give a description pn how to do it. I think you load a workspace in LiveQuick and set each cue that you want to upload to the SD card, then click on upload.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I did it once at the office but will have to go through it again before I can give a description pn how to do it. I think you load a workspace in LiveQuick and set each cue that you want to upload to the SD card, then click on upload.
    It seems to be the way to do it...
    but I tried to load the workspace that come with QS so I can select cues... it does not show on dialog box (wrong file type)
    Are there other workspaces to download? Is there a way to export workspace/cues from QS to Livequick?

Thanks!

** bump bump **

Downloading LiveQuick now...

Seems it doesn't want to connect to the FB3-SE I have at home. It is an older one; with the big old flash card in it... s/n 6600. I had to try at home because I haven't been getting much time to look into things while at the office.

What I did do was export a frame in QS to a .lds file and opened LiveQuick with QS open. It doesn't see the FB3 but will let me import a frames that I should be able to upload to the FB3 if it was "seen". I di not see a way to export a while workspace so it looks like it will have to be frame by frame. I'll see if I can get this connectin issue resolved or if I need to use a newer FB3-SE for testing.

It seems that it was having an issue with the memory card; luckily I have two of the FB3-SEs here and it likes the second card. I got a frame uploaded but I still had to export it from the QS workspace and cannot find a way to do the whole workspace except from BEYOND and it loads all the frames as BEYOND which LiveQuick is not seeing. This FB3 also doesn't have a way to hook it up for external power so I can't test the frame on the card... I am guessing there is no easy way to get a QS workspace to load up to a memory card.

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    This FB3 also doesn't have a way to hook it up for external power
    I have powered the FB3-XE for standalone operation with an iPhone/iPod charger and a standard USB A to B cable.