Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Joys of using Pangolin

Default The Joys of using Pangolin

so was at a pretty big wedding yesterday and had my normal kit with me. the kit ive used many times before without a problem.

two fb3s, two projectors and a single laptop. plugged everything in as normal and nothing from the lasers. ok so lets think about the problem?

both fb3's are connected, im getting green and orange light and in device manager everything is fine. but no projector output.

lets do a restart on the computer just encase, nope no better. let ditch one fb3 and try get one working at least. after a phone call to dan i manage to get output by clicking on single colour only in the master settings. plugged the second fb3 back in and no output from both.

after 3 hours of dicking around i had to uninstall both fb3's and reinstall, to which both worked just fine. but then my midi controller wouldnt work, livepro was picking the midi up but not doing anything. after a phone call to mark we solved the problem and got it working. but i lost all my setting so had to go through and set it up again. annoying!

had another phone call with dan who said im also having the same problem at a wedding, im getting a green and orange light on my fb3 but cant get a red light (output).

pangolin really pissed me off yesterday in a massive way.

between software issues and hardware issues with my original fb3 pangolin are becoming completely unreliable.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Get a Qm2000 rather than rely on USB

<Waits for fallout>
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

if your paying ill take one ;-)
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

For what you paid for the two FB3's you could just about have bought one

Seriously though, are you sure it was the FB3's that were at fault and not some silly USB conflict on your laptop?
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

So you want to sit on the first row, with the comsumer level products?

But to be honest. i always have found the fb3's verry stable. Are you sure you use the latest driver and have no power issus with usb?

Sounds like a USB problem.

FB3's self diagnose so if it was a hardware problem it should have been indicated.

Only other possibility is software corruption but its unlikely output only would have been affected although you never know. If it was corrupted, that's your pc not Pangolin.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving Pangolin a free pass here, but I haven't heard of any build causing output problems on any of their software.

Also, lets not forget, compared to many products, Pangolin is still the most stable option.

my original fb3 ive used many times before with no software issues. ise used my original fb3 and the new one to do a gig and both were fine. as far as im aware ive not changed anything on the laptop so why should there be any problems to start with.

my original fb3 needs a new power board and i know that but that wasnt a cause of this problem.

i will be checking the pango web site today to make sure i have the latest drivers
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

[QUOTE=andy_con;204426]... as far as im aware ive not changed anything on the laptop so why should there be any problems to start with.../QUOTE]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hitit.gif 
Views:	137 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	26905
    Ahh but have Microstuffed changed anything..... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	idea.gif 
Views:	137 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	26903
    Wot U got yor automatic updates set to ? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	banghead.gif 
Views:	136 
Size:	904 Bytes 
ID:	26904

Cheers

Did you see any reported errors from you OS or LivePro? There also might be a log file that could be sent in for investigation.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

no errors occured as both fb3s were connected, green and orange light.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat