Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commercially Available Entry Level RGB Analog Modulated Laser Projectors

Default Commercially Available Entry Level RGB Analog Modulated Laser Projectors

I have no experience in buying a fully built laser projector. I have started looking around and see quite a few different options available.

Everyone would like a Kvant however we don't have the budget for it.

What is your opinion on the best (or acceptable) commercially available entry level RGB analog modulated laser projector for general purpose use (beams and graphics).

Thanks for your input.

is this for your home or some kind of bar/night club?

This would be for a studio (home) system... however getting a variance for it would be nice

I would contact CT Lasers and X-Laser to see what they could do for you.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I was hoping for a list of model numbers/links?

The problem with being in the US is you need a varianced projector.

I know of a good Chinese company, run by a big ILDA member and little known on here, and according to a friend, very good quality - think Dt40 scanners and Kvant / CNI laser modules, swisslass dichros in adjustable mounts (at least in their better projectors), but unfortunately I doubt anything would be varianced for US use.

I guess then we'll throw out the variance requirement and go with... any thing that isn't built out of wood goes. I found some nice looking chinese made projectors on Ebay that fit the "commercially available entry level RGB analog modulated laser projector for general purpose use (beams and graphics)." definition, however I wanted to get some opinions of some professionals who had more experience than I.

The EBay (also available outside of Ebay) projectors started around $1400 US for less than a Watt and went up from there. Some of them for around $2000 had a very nice looking optics table and the pictures showed very nice looking color balance (and even come with a road case with wheels!).

So .. this Chinese company White-Light mentioned.. any links to the company or projector models?

Thanks!

I would be interested in this as well.

Since I sold my projector at selem.

Good to see you made it safely thru the hurricane chris.

Just an FYI if you are looking for less than a watt of color. I have done extensive testing with a 100mw Green module with a 250mw red module and a 445 module.

With the heatsinks you have now you would just need a red in a axis case and a green and use your blue you have now and 2 more flexmods.

I have a metal housing I could send you for shipping to build it in as well as a plate to mount things on.

So if you used norms driver board I gave you. all you need is to change out the blue resistor on his board. which right now is set for a 405nm diode. its preset for a 50mw green and a 250mw red.

I think you have scanners yes?

I am working on getting a bunch of red locs in axis cases in a trade so I could send you one.

let me know.

Len

Lenny,

I am really close to having a nice set of diodes. I just need a nice green @ 100 mW more or less (one that modulates nicely).

I wanted to explore how much will a "no-tinkering required" projector would cost. If it is around $2000 I will consider just buying one out right assuming it has nice modulation and a well balanced output. I have seen a bunch of projectors that seem to fit the bill, however I was hoping to draw on the experience of the forum members to single out a few that are worth the money.

All in all I will probably end up building one more anyways. I have a few 445 diodes and a "Loc" I bought at SELEM which is in a case and working. I just need a nice green that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. My current < 20 mW green modulates OK however it would be nice to have a better one... so I am on the lookout for one of those too. Hopefully around 80 mW I surmise.

Anyone else have any personal experience with buying a commercial projector?

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    X-Laser
    AFAIK X-Laser only has TTL RGB's (title asks for analog)

but if this if for your house, I would recommend you just build one... the process of building it will be very educational and will give you insight as to whats actually happening... me $0.02