Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice howTo combine beams ;)

both options look good to me .

The one with the trichro seems a bit more complicated to align though.

As for the one with dichros, I may be wrong, but I think you may need to put the green first, with the red reflecting second in line. This is considering the options stated before, where you have a green pass red reflect mirror. Although, you may be able to find a red pass, green reflect mirror too.

Other than that, it's really up to you which way you go . In either case, you're in for a bit of alignment fun
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.

yea dont think about the colours that was a random choise...

But YES I cant wait... tomorrow I will have my mounts this is gonna be fun..

Default In progress !!

Ok..

It seems like that I need to have the blue FIRST..
    Then the green so red at last..
    Becouse I dont have 2 filter that will remove green\red !!

But that if is I dont use the trhicho !
    But it seems to a HELL of a job adjusting the lasers into a trhicho !!!

I`m still not finish mounting my 2 red modules .. :roll:
    And I have been working 4hours with no stop !!!

edit: picture

The picture is how I want it to be
    But there is no way it can be so easy

I see you're having fun now .

I wouldn't recomend having the blue first, as you'll be loosing power with each reflection/pass through the filters.

If you got your filters from junktronix, then you do have the necesary ones. Like he said in a previous post, combine green and red with the green filter, and then add the blue with the red filter. If you got your filters from other sources, then I can't really say.

Anyway, with the trichros you should have no problem, except for the alignment. But I think with the setup you sugested (two mirrors for each laser) you should be fine. It's only a matter of applying some logic to the problem. You should move the laser beam up/down or left/right with the first mirror, and then align it (parallel) with the second mirror. Repeat this steps several times with small increments. That should do it.

Sounds easy, right? :lol:

yes I got the filter from junktronix !

There is only ONE problem in what you say there!!!!

The RED filter DONT let the green pass !! :roll:

How will you figure out that ?

Yes I can use the tricho.. but DAMN !!!! combining that will be 40hours of work
    But maybe it`s worth not losing 30mW of blue power ..

I dunno....
    I`m really stuck here right now .. no progress..

ohh, I'm sorry. I was going by what he said before, but it does make sense that the red filter won't let green through. Does it reflect blue or does it let it through?

Have you tried the other filter? the blue one, that one may work I guess :?:

There's a trick I learned when aligning an interferometer, let's see if I can explain it. It should help you if using the trichro.

Well, here I go:

First of all, we need to have all beams parallel and colinear in order to have white light. So, use the mirror closer to the laser to move the beam up/down/left/right as seen with a piece of paper right at the exit from the trichro. Sorta like a close field alignment.

Then use the other mirror (the one farther from the laser) to align the spots on a wall far away from the lasers (far field alignment). By doing this, the beam will have displaced from its original position. So, do the same process over and over until you no longer see a difference in position and alignment.

Of course, do this for each laser at a time. Don't try to do this with both lasers at the same time, or you'll end up wearing a straight jacket .

If you follow this procedure, and assuming the process is similar to the interferometer case, you should have a perfectly colinear and aligned beam in no time. It took me less than an hour when I first attempted it .

Hope it helps

I forgot to mention something. You should use your green laser as the reference beam.

Also, when you're close to perfect alignment, you may find it helpful to block the green beam intermittently, so you can get a better look at how far the other laser is in reference to the green one.

ah .. thanx for that
    Yes I think I will try out what you did say there, about paralell.....
    One mirror then the next so the other laser and so on... :roll: :roll:

BUT.. there is NO WAY that I can have the green first with using the filter !
    (the red filter reflect blue laser and the green laser)

Hmm I have been working on this 9 hours now !!
    5hours to figure out what to do..
    1hours to find out that my GREEN DPSS is dead :evil:
    Then the last hours to find out that my 5mm alu plates is bending when I try to mount the lasers :evil:

I`m pretty close to "#% this stuff :roll:

But I will not give up.
    I will measure all the parts today..
    And tomorrow I will go to my hardware shop and make them cut out THICK plates in that order I need them

Second attemt tomorrow!

But 2-3 more weeks to wait untill I get my green lasers
    100mW with 30khz analog blanking that will be total of 16million colours scanning at 40kpps with a output of (edit 600-700 WHITE :twisted:

800 mw white?

I thought those Maxyzmodules were rated at 200 mw each, so that would be 400 mw of red... You said your new DPSS green will be 100 mw, so that makes 500 mw total...

So your DPSS blue is making 300 mw??? Damn, that had to cost a lot of money! (Or am I missing something?)

BTW - the optical mounts from that E-bay auction showed up at my door yesterday. They're pretty nice; I'll have pics posted in a day or so.

I haven't tried to align my lasers using dichros, but I have been pretty sucessful using a Fujinon Trichro... They're not nearly as difficult to align as you might think. Jkiaser3000's advice for adjusting near and far field focus one at a time and alternating back and fourth is a great idea.

I would only add that once you are *really* close to perfect alignment, you might have better luck tweaking both lasers at the same time. (Or move one laser 1/2 as much as you think it needs, then go do the same to the other one.)

Trichros aren't that hard to align though. Certainly not 5 hours worth of work!

Adam