Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DAC?

The picture IS the DAC. It's very small. It works great with Spaghetti. The only DACs that work with Pangolin software are Pangolin DACs.

What he said!! The dac is in the db25. It will run Spaghetti, LDS, LSX and the RIYA software utilities. maybe more, i don't know
    can't get smaller and cheaper than this, while being very reliable at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by weblordwill View Post
    Sorry that wasn't clear, with the DAC pictured, could I use Pangolin or Spaghetti, or something like that.
    Thanks
    Will
    To run pangolin you have to buy their own DAC, their software does not run on other DACs. cheapest pango combo is upwards of 590usd. end of story.

The cheapest way to get very good performance is to get this riya multibus lite and get a spaghetti licence from JohnYayas. You will have lots of features, much more than you can use at the moment. This option will be 230 usd max. Don't expect to spend much less for the audio card, correction amp and all the fiddling with it, if you can't DIY it

Or you can go for the riya lite and the LSX intro for slightly more than 300usd. No reason to fork out all those funds for pangolin yet
    Last edited by LaNeK779; 08-30-2011 at 22:41.
    "its called character briggs..."

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    the best dac for the least money you can get is the RIYA lite usb dac, at around 130 usd. analog modulation, ttl support and many features of more expensive dacs

just my 2p
    That's even cheaper (and more reliable) than modding a soundcard, unless you have a load of parts to scavenge.

Does the RIYA DAC work with HE-Laserscan as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    That's even cheaper (and more reliable) than modding a soundcard, unless you have a load of parts to scavenge.

I think it does but not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post

Yes, our controllers are supported in LDS, LSX, ILD_SOS, LaserCam, He-Laserscan, Spaghetti, LFI_Player, Zoof's_utilities, RIYA_utilities

well, mr riya lasers sir, i think you should "go out more"!

it seems to me that these very good little dacs do need a boost of publicity, especially now with the evolution of LSX software.
    "its called character briggs..."