Thread: Love those little revelations...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default Love those little revelations...

Here's my "duh" moment for the day. After a year plus of messing with these things, thanks to SELEM, I now understand a hell of a lot more about projection zones and the tremendous advantage of geometric correction. Up until recently, I just assumed that laser output was square and couldn't really be adjusted. So, when I tested playing beam shows, the bottom edge of the image would be slightly above the tops of the ballroom doors and the remainder covered like half of the ceiling. No wonder they looked like crap and I couldn't figure out why, as they moved or spun, some times parts would extend down below the 3 meter line and would possibly hit an audience if someone were there. I thought I would have to mask out the whole damn bottom half of the show. Or, zoom it down so small that a beam show was in a 5x5 foot box 80 feet away to prevent beams going near an audience. "What's the point of a show creator drawing any part of the frame in the bottom half of a preview window?", I often asked myself. Finally figured out that there's no reason it can't be a big squat rectangle so, covering the entire width of the room thing makes sense and when lines or cones turn vertically, the zones compress it. Spent a very happy hour this evening by myself watching some shows that fit the bill for safety, looked great and it all started making sense. Boy...have I felt like an idiot! Woo Hoo!

Newbies, listen up! Get yourself to a LEM! They're invaluable! SOOO much more than what can be learned reading here!
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 09-03-2011 at 09:14.

Hey Brad,

Let me know when your running shows, would love to come over and hang out.

Mark