Thread: 635nm or 650nm?

Default 635nm or 650nm?

i know 640 is the best way to go but i am limited in means of budget.

Tell me wich one will be better. The 635nm got some better beam specs although not much, but is more orange then red? so that will mess up color mixing?

Thanks
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

I can't speak for 640nm as I have not used it (yet). I am very happy with 658nm and the colour gradients are great. I have very nice violet/purples.

I have no idea why I was so stressed about my lack of red power when in the end the results are so good.

If your on a budget, start with 658nm for sure, but make sure you use good lens like the 405-G2 or better still the Optima glass lens, that way your beam profile will be smaller and hence power density greater, which I think is the key to pulling it off with 658nm.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    I can't speak for 640nm as I have not used it (yet). I am very happy with 658nm and the colour gradients are great. I have very nice violet/purples.

I have no idea why I was so stressed about my lack of red power when in the end the results are so good.

If your on a budget, start with 658nm for sure, but make sure you use good lens like the 405-G2 or better still the Optima glass lens, that way your beam profile will be smaller and hence power density greater, which I think is the key to pulling it off with 658nm.
    thanks for the advice but its really 635nm against 650nm. it will be a module so no option for other lenses ect probaly.

635 is much much brighter than 650, but you will lose those some of those lovely deep orange effects.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Will 635 and 650 mix through a PBS?

Would be a good compromise, just start out with 650 on a budget and add 635 for additional color saturation and gamut later when you have the cash.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

sure. as long as you watch your polarization and your cube coatings.

i have 600mW of 642 that i'm planning on combining with 800mW of 660 via a cube.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    Will 635 and 650 mix through a PBS?

Would be a good compromise, just start out with 650 on a budget and add 635 for additional color saturation and gamut later when you have the cash.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

The 635nm has a <1.5mrad and the 650nm has <3mrad.
    I do not want to lose color options so i guess il go for 650nm since 1000mw of 650nm is cheaper then 500mw of 635nm.

A lot of the 635nm modules I have seen have very FAT beams...
    This space for rent.