Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to purchase projector case

Default Where to purchase projector case

Hey everyone! I'm new here, and I've recently gotten hooked on buying lighting. Everything I've gotten so far has been dmx controlled and works out of the box but I'm really interested in making my own laser projector for doing small beam shows, I'm not really interested in animation shows or anything like that. My first question I have is if there is a step by step guide for building one? and my second question is where can I find a professional and well built case for my laser. Also what else would I need besides (3) diodes (3) mirrors (1) dichroic filter set and (1) scanner. I know that's probably only about half the stuff I need, so any help would be much appreciated. I'm just trying to figure out how much all of this is going to cost me.

I'm more care about your buget.
    What power are you going to built?
    For me, I will first decide the power, and choose the laser diode, then is the scanner system. last is the case.
    L.A.S.E.R.
    Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Laser system: Pure Diode 3W & 6W RGB Laser.

www.facebook.com/saifer.sy
    www.laser-viva.com

Budget I'm thinking $3,000 - $5,000 I really wouldn't want to spend any more than $5,000 on it and I would obviously rather stay lower than that. Power I'm thinking I would want between 2-5w. I would rather buy higher quality stuff that isn't going to break on me within the first month of using it.

That's a very healthy budget you have there, you could even get a ready made top quality system, like a kvant spectrum
    "its called character briggs..."

I was also thinking of that, I emailed ctlasers for some prices, but I feel like I would rather know everything about my laser just incase something goes wrong. and also I think building it myself would be a lot more rewarding. How much does a kvant spectrum cost and about how much power would it put out?

5000€ for a Kvant 1.6w

Damn but that's $7,200 USD

Quote Originally Posted by mgeni View Post
    Damn but that's $7,200 USD
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Welcome.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.8 KB 
ID:	26967Quickest way to go broke known to mankind ! .... LOL .. and you still have to get a computer,software,DAT,cables, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	banghead.gif 
Views:	28 
Size:	904 Bytes 
ID:	26969
    But ..... there is ALWAYS a solution... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shootself.gif 
Views:	29 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	26968
    Cheers

in another thread the kvant spectrum 1.6 was going for 3300 euro. so do a little market research, i'm sure you'll find it!

send them a mail and see what comes back
    "its called character briggs..."

Will do, thanks for the heads up. Also one more noob question, if I want to use this at clubs or anything like that in california can I legally do that? how does that work