Thread: What driver and housing to use?

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Default What driver and housing to use?

Hi,

I need some advice on what to do with my blue diode. It's been lying around for way too long, and as I will have some time on my hands soon (aka when the exams end), I'd like to do something with it.
    I have here a flexmod driver and a 5 V power supply. I guess that will do it?
    But where should I put the diode in? What's the best housing? I don't really know what's the best solution.
    I could always break open my broken red Lasever module, but it's glued firmly and I don't want to break it, so I'd rather not do that.

I've heard that drlava was making a driver/housing system, but what happened to that? Is that still alive? He never replied to that thread and it's pretty old, so I have no clue what happened to that.

Suggestions?

Cheers,

CMB

Hi, yep the flexmod will work great with it. I do have a housing kit available (brought a few dual kits to SELEM). Just finding time to put the kits together as requests come in. It uses the cyl lenses for getting a great beam with the 445. Send me a PM if that's what you want.

Smile

In the short run, you can stick it in an Aixiz mount, hook up the flex-mod, and then stick the Aixiz mount in one of Pat's micro-mounts. Believe it or not, I've got exactly this configuration in my 1 watt blue Q-beam beam rail, and it works great. (Put a small fan on it to keep it cool, and you'll be golden.)

A nicer solution would be to use one of the many diode block mounts that folks are selling here on PL. I'm rather partial to the awesome solid-brass mounts that Dave and Adrian (Lasershowparts.com) make, but they don't seem to have any on their website at the moment. Also, Johan (Edison) may have a couple designs that might work for you.

DrLava sells a dual-diode combiner kit that is quite nice, if you fancy building something a little bigger, but you'd want a second diode for that. It will be a little more expensive too.

Adam

Edit: Ha! DrLava beat me by one minute!

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Hi, yep the flexmod will work great with it. I do have a housing kit available (brought a few dual kits to SELEM). Just finding time to put the kits together as requests come in. It uses the cyl lenses for getting a great beam with the 445. Send me a PM if that's what you want.
    That seems like an ideal solution, could you give an estimate about when it will be finished? Are those the same as in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    In the short run, you can stick it in an Aixiz mount, hook up the flex-mod, and then stick the Aixiz mount in one of Pat's micro-mounts. Believe it or not, I've got exactly this configuration in my 1 watt blue Q-beam beam rail, and it works great. (Put a small fan on it to keep it cool, and you'll be golden.)

A nicer solution would be to use one of the many diode block mounts that folks are selling here on PL. I'm rather partial to the awesome solid-brass mounts that Dave and Adrian (Lasershowparts.com) make, but they don't seem to have any on their website at the moment. Also, Johan (Edison) may have a couple designs that might work for you.

DrLava sells a dual-diode combiner kit that is quite nice, if you fancy building something a little bigger, but you'd want a second diode for that. It will be a little more expensive too.

Adam

Edit: Ha! DrLava beat me by one minute!
    Your first option, with the Aixiz mount, is a lot cheaper than the set-up from drlava, so I might be using that one instead. They're for in my laser harp so I'm not really looking for great beam shape and quality and such.

Hmmm, what should I do?

Maybe I'll just do both. Use the simple aixiz module holder setup for the laser harp and use drlava's setup for a reliable blue source for my laser projector. My projector died a long while ago and because I didn't had the funds for repairing it, I kicked off from lasers cold turkey. I didn't miss lasers that much because all my time went to the university, but now I'm gonna building that laser harp and as soon as I see those beams in the air I'm gonna want a full featured projector again...

So I just need some red and green and... Damn expensive hobby!

Anyway thanks for the replies guys!

*checks bank account*
    Great it's full of money!
    *one week later... *

i could know you up a housing if you want

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-445nm-Modules
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat