Thread: qs ild file import ?

Default qs ild file import ?

does anyone know why when i import ild files into qs as ques, why they come out not very bright when displayed ??
    i am kinda lost on this one as all files tried allsort from different sourses all come out the same
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Are the point counts the same between the "creating" software and QS? You may need to increase the point count in the creating software. I seem to remember someone posting QS doesn't "sit" at a point position as long as say LD does, but I need to research that or have that poster back me up.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

i dont know the point count of the frames, i made the frames in lds pro, then used ild sos to convert them to ild files
    i will try them through ild sos again and see what happens
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Are the point counts the same between the "creating" software and QS? You may need to increase the point count in the creating software. I seem to remember someone posting QS doesn't "sit" at a point position as long as say LD does, but I need to research that or have that poster back me up.
    this may help:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...how+brightness
    Last edited by drlava; 09-02-2011 at 12:53.

i have had a play in ild sos if i optomise the cat file that i am converting to ild then the frame points are around 1000 points per frame
    but the problem now is that anything that was 3d is not now. which is a pain.
    if i un check optomise and just convert it, it keeps the 3d, but the point count is <100 points per frame
    in a ideal world i want to keep the 3d but get point count up

How many is it in LDS? Can you change the point count in LDS?

point count in lds is between 50 and 500 points depending on frame which works ok
    but these sorts of point counts are no good in qs.most of them are less than 150 points and dont project very bright and the more complex 3d stuff
    the point count is higher but not much brighter
    i was just trying to get all my favourite frames out of lds to use in qs, i just created a cat file with them in
    and then seperate each frame once i got them into qs , once coverted in ild sos

the frames i optomised in ild sos that are nearer 1000 points are ok but lost the 3d in the conversion
    Last edited by badger1666; 09-03-2011 at 14:05.

How much dimmer are your frames in QS than they were in LDS?