Thread: How to detect actual KPPS laser technical characteristics.

Question How to detect actual KPPS laser technical characteristics.

Possible, question foolish. In this case excuse me.

Certainly, subjective to observe the growing of the distortion drawing, when increase the velocities.
    But possible, there is objective methods?

(I have got lazer without manual and technical documentation).

My scanners will do an infinite number of points per second if all points are at the same coordinate. Rated PPS speeds are usually based on correctly displaying the ILDA test frame at some angle. Tuning your scanners to 30Kpps at 8 degrees doesn't always make sense, though. For example, if you have no intention of displaying preoptimized frames and want to get maximum performance from your scanners you can tune them hotter and get better performance. For new software that does on the fly optimization I question the validitity of tuning to the ILDA pattern. I know that it's somewhat irrelvant in apps like Spaghetti and Moncha but don't know about something like Beyond or Quickshow. It would be a conversation I would be interested in joining.

That's what the ILDA test pattern is for. There are a number of descriptions of how to interpret it here among others.

O, big thank You!

With your help i have found very good explain at http://www.laserfx.com/Backstage.Las...Scanning3.html
    and
    ILDA test file download at http://www.laserfx.com/Backstage.Las...s/ildatest.ild