Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: TEXLEM planning

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    Pieter,

Hope you can make it. It would be a great opportunity to see what projects you're working on since SELEM.

Hak,

I hope that we have enough attendees to warrant such serious BBQ plans.

Since we're looking at February, I'll be glad to cook a batch of chili for the group as well. We could also consider dinner at the Riverwalk or one of the many fine San Antonio restaurants if anyone is interested.
    CHILI! OOOOH YEAH!
    hmn my suggestion: chili con carne *drool* you should cook that in big pan, split the cost.
    Home cooking is often good, in fact often cheaper.
    Hakzaws food for instance (the spaghetti) was really really good, I loved it! (pretty sure I wasn't the only one).

I'll see if I will/can come to TEXLEM.

OK, we have got the dates for TEXLEM in San Antonio - 1st weekend in February 3-6, 2012!

George Cisneros and his wife Catherine are the directors of Urban 15, our hosts. George said that Friday Feb. 6 is the First Friday Art Walk, and could we open it up for a small fee to art walkers after 9:30, we could run some shows, have drinks available, generally have a laser party (like we would be doing anything else Friday night!)

I think it is a good idea, he is always looking for ways to cover their expenses. I can go ahead and have a good basic laser show set up Friday, so as people arrive we can add to it.

I believe that they will have up to 10 dorm rooms available, so attendees have a free place to stay. The story is that this used to be a "battered women" shelter, so it is set up with dorm rooms/baths/showers/kitchens in one wing of the building. This has always been their dream - to have focused art events where people can stay onsite - and it is finally coming true; I believe we will be the first such event!

- Tim

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

would opening it up and charging a fee to artwalkers mandate projector compliance/permits/variances/etc?

Quote Originally Posted by LaserWizard View Post
    OK, we have got the dates for TEXLEM in San Antonio - 1st weekend in February 3-6, 2012!

George Cisneros and his wife Catherine are the directors of Urban 15, our hosts. George said that Friday Feb. 6 is the First Friday Art Walk, and could we open it up for a small fee to art walkers after 9:30, we could run some shows, have drinks available, generally have a laser party (like we would be doing anything else Friday night!)

I think it is a good idea, he is always looking for ways to cover their expenses. I can go ahead and have a good basic laser show set up Friday, so as people arrive we can add to it.

I believe that they will have up to 10 dorm rooms available, so attendees have a free place to stay. The story is that this used to be a "battered women" shelter, so it is set up with dorm rooms/baths/showers/kitchens in one wing of the building. This has always been their dream - to have focused art events where people can stay onsite - and it is finally coming true; I believe we will be the first such event!

- Tim
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    would opening it up and charging a fee to artwalkers mandate projector compliance/permits/variances/etc?
    Seems like that would bring us LEM goers, onto the radar. And not so much the calm grey area we usually operate in.
    leading in trailing technology

OK, not open to the public keeps the vibe alive! That's what we will do. - Tim

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Urban 15 is great. What a great place to do this. What are the close by hotels? My Kung Fu sister school is in Phoenix so I'm interested in that one as well. Laser Wizardry there and LaserWizard here all great people I'd like to meet. BTW in KinderG they used to call me Wizz... never mind .... not the place to discuss my pre-school incontinence . Yes Tim I'm showing interest possibly 4-6 in my group.~jimmy
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

There are a ton of hotels around downtown San Antonio. I have friends who really like this place:

$99▼O Brien Historic Riverwalk, an Ascend Collection hotel‎
    116 Navarro Street
    San Antonio, TX 78205
    (210) 527-1111
    ascendcollection.com‎

Here is where I used to stay a lot when I do shows there, funky but clean and nice people run it:

http://www.lavillitainn.com/

It is not within easy walking distance. I noticed some on Google Maps that were closer but I need to go by and check out the neighborhood. Maybe when Displaser comes next month we will do that.

- Tim

Dont Tell Buffo but..... this could, in its own way, be the best LEM ever. I hope he can fly in.

I was blown away by Tim at SELEM-cant wait to see much more and learn from the masters--Tim Walsh and Peter 'masterpj'

--I hope I can help in the form of Foody Director- I have lots of experience --personally around 290 lbs of very personal--hard to not eat to much when it tastes soooo good.

I may convince one of the guys to come with..from my competitive Cooking Team- The Pitmeisters(join us on facebook and see the pics) and he will actually do most of the work on site- my role will be to keep the meals coming and I will be smokin' a lot of meat here in Brazoria to bring ready to slice-- I have everything needed that is not there--

Any chance to find a small spot to park my mini(16 ft) camper?
    All I need is power- no water.

I do also want dibs on a bunk or two for my chef(s) I would be glad to do this on a tip jar basis- I always have a few dead animals in my freezer. We did the dinner at SELEM on a small amount of money.
    Anybody that will be near Angleton TX Oct-20 to 22 can visit The Pitmeisters at the Brazoria County Fair Cook-oFF.
    we SMOKE 400 #s of meat-bring 40 cases of brew-3 cases of Crown and A WHOLE LOT MORE...-and give it all away--plus 21 Kegs of Coors---YEA- we dont mess around....1500 people came thru our cooksite last year .... on friday night alone. I recommend Thur(FREE admission to the fair night) or Sat. DJ-Dance floor- beer garden and a huge chow line 7pm to 9 pm.Tell em Hak sent ya'll come!!

Len

Likely I will be at texlem!

Only if you bring more stoofwafle=ha ha