Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Phoenix Live information

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixSupport View Post
    Dear X-Laser,

We are supporting also that "old" Phoenix versions. In usual cases we can find a solution for that.

Daniel
    Daniel with all respect, great that finally someone at phoenix realised this thread needed some attention.
    But I want to highlight that the impression phoenix gave me was: old versions do not or hardly get support.

Something else:

Before I ever started doing 3D lasershows I was just helping a friend out in getting 3D to laser, which phoenix claimed to do.
    I tried so many weird formats back then (even the .xyz format)
    The result always ended up in a mess of blanking and points.

Out of curiousity I went to the phoenix booth on prolight and sound (in frankfurt) previous year and asked more about the 3D portion, just to have a look (since 3D always is my biggest interest)
    The result looked exactly the same as back then, things did not get properly shown, the excuse was that it was an old version.
    Why would you not upgrade lasershow software when your demonstrating a product?
    Anyway I accept this as being a mistake I guess.

Best regards,

Pieter
    Last edited by masterpj; 11-16-2011 at 07:08.

Dear Pieter,

But I want to highlight that the impression phoenix gave me was: old versions do not or hardly get support.
    We do what we can to support this and to find a acceptably solution.

The result looked exactly the same as back then, things did not get properly shown, the excuse was that it was an old version.
    Why would you not upgrade lasershow software when your demonstrating a product?
    We often update our Lasershow software to provide new features and improve existing ones. You are talking about the laser picture editor, that is in progress of being improved. For the trade fair we decided not to show a software part that, at that time, did not satisfy us about the richness of functions.

What ever did not please you at Phoenix, please let us know. Thats the only way we can react and improve the software for you if possible.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Ahh thanks for the reply, I just assumed ILDA would be similar or more advanced than DMX and you would be able to control multiple units much the same as DMX.... This does seem somewhat of a flaw to the design or possibly deliberate to make the user have to purchase more cable and interfaces?
    I think that a lot of people think that ILDA is like DMX, and are surprised when it doesn't function the same way.
    Fundamentally, DMX is a digital format, in that it can address up to 512 channels per universe, with values from 0 to 255 per channel.

ILDA is analogue, so each 'channel' requires a cable (or pair of cables for differential signals) from the controller and a continuous voltage stream, rather than the packets of digital.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Daniel,

Ok - I think this is a really good chance to set this all right. I propose that you message me some good contact information for you or to whomever the service request should be sent. I will personally relay it to my customer so that he may contact you again. If his issue, whatever it may be, is able to be satisfactorily resolved I will be happy to post as much and update my previous statement. All I care about is making sure that my (and in this case "our") customers are well served.

Does this sound reasonable? Please let me know and I will be glad to set it up immediately.

Dear Pieter,

I will personally relay it to my customer so that he may contact you again.
    Please do so, so we can find a suitable solution.

All I care about is making sure that my (and in this case "our") customers are well served.
    That is what is also in our intention.

Thanks and kind regards

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixSupport View Post
    Dear Pieter,

Please do so, so we can find a suitable solution.

That is what is also in our intention.

Thanks and kind regards

Daniel
    Dear phoenix,

at the time I was helping out a friend.
    Paying attention does show you are working on improving the customer support, which is good.
    I rather have that you help my friend dnstje if he needs support for phoenix products and also provide x-lasers clients with good support, since i'm not a phoenix user at all

Daniel - it's good to have another channel of communication with the Phoenix Live team - Boris doesn't always give straightforward answers! I've been using Phoenix Live for a few years now and am currently on version 4.

The 2 main issues that were promised to be fixed with the last release of version 3, but are still outstanding in version 4, are an up to date English instruction manual, that matches the current software and all of its capabilities, and the long-awaited replacement for PicEdit. What is the timescale for doing these improvements? Also, can you give a commitment that future releases of the software will also have the English documentation updated at the same time please.

As far as updates are concerned, if I understand correctly, if you paid for the last update (to version 3 pro) then the update to version 4 is free; if you have a previous version then you need to pay for the update. Could you please clarify this.

Pleased to see that there's finally an English language manual for Phoenix Live version 4 - see http://www.phoenix-showcontroller.de...rt-en/manuals/ - all 82 pages are currently falling from my printer!