Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix Live information

Default Phoenix Live information

This informatin may be important for Phoenix Live users
    Yesterday i have send a message to Phoenix and asked about a way for adding audio to the timelines.
    They answered that they are working on an update that will make it possible to add the audio.
    I don't know when the update will be released but i hope they will do asap.

greetz VJ Ernesto

got a msg today from Phoenix

update to Phoenix live 4 will be released in next few weeks and as far as i see it's for free

wont take long until they shove a non free upgrade up your nose.
    there aren't many phoenix users on PL as far as I know.
    Mostly because of it being expensive and the upgrades not being free.
    I know a friend of mine who has phoenix, but he's quitting the whole laser bussiness.

i own about 4 or 5 systems(all my systems are phoenix pro+ /live) and 5 usb dacs and 1 net dac
    so yea there are some users

I must say i like using the akai controller but after i saw pangolin quickshow 2 last week i'm thinking about buying the program.
    Maybe some users can tell me about their experiences with Pangolin and a touchscreen

I've been using Phoenix Live for a couple of years now, and am very happy with it - there have been several free upgrades since the last paid upgrade, although some things that were promised a couple of years ago - like an improved figure designer, and an up to date English manual - still haven't appeared. I certainly won't be paying any more until I've got the things I've already paid for!

We just had a customer switch to Pangolin because a Phoenix system we sold them a couple of years ago crapped out and Phoenix refuses to support it.... apparently. Multiple calls and e-mails from both our office and the customer went unreturned so I am glad that some of you are having better luck.

i did a few msg to Phoenix last week and they answered very quick -- next day
    Now i'm waiting for their update to version 4
    At the moment i have 3 interfaces and they can be used for all different software programs
    In Pangolin i think i need different interfaces for the shows and for the quickshow

LSX or Spaghetti are better options..... all in english too! Spaghetti also does DMX
    Just an afterthought.

only a different interface for LD2000 or quickshow..
    but that doesn't mean thats bad, you get what you pay for.
    and honestly quickshow is wayy cheaper then phoenix, phoenix support isn't always too good..sometimes they answer fast.. sometimes they hardly do i heard.

my experience with pangolin is that they always answer fast, or do at all (with phoenix sometimes they even dont answer).