Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Counterfeit X-Laser Products

I like the made in the USA label, not just for X-Laser, but everything produced in the US.
    I have yet to see anything from China that is worth a damn

Chinese = Ferengi

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

We are addicts. This is our fault. We are addicted to cheap products. We fell for the lie of "Free Trade" and closed our domestic manufacturing. At some point the "Feringi" will cut off our credit. That will be a GOOD day for the USA. It will be like Armageddon the day it happens, but a few years later, things will reset, and the US will have to manufacture its own goods.

Dan, I feel your pain. Every time I go to a "BigBoxMart" I see one of my LED designs, and I get zero credit for it, nor royalties. Led designer "Chan" is a optical hero for copying my work. We made the product domestically, until our licensee decided it needed to be made in Kong Hong or else... The Patent, well its nearly impossible to enforce if your a small company. My product, a "first" made it into Radio Shack, Sears, and Walmart. The "overseas" cloning took six months. The domestic US cloning took three months, even with a "exclusive" purchasing agreement with the LED die supplier. The domestic clones were wiped out too.

MY reward, I keep one of "our" products, with a well made metal case by my bedside, as a reminder. I keep one of the plastic clones in my car for emergencies. Its also there as a reminder.

The only thing you can do is to keep innovating. That eats your profit.

What can PLers do to help? Pay a little extra to a domestic US value added reseller of laser products. Make sure you get a long warranty. Demand that spares set on shelves in the US. Demand the use of Cambridge galvos for your high end products. If you cant afford quality, take the time to build your own, and learn from other PLers what quality is.

Steve

I had a long drive today and I arrived at my hotel looking for a diversion. This was too much to hope for.

Dmitry, if that is in fact your real name,

I have something to talk as well.

First, I would like to note that very little you said in your post in any way contradicted mine. Consequently, it would be logical to conclude that you accept my assertions that your products are non-compliant, are misusing your FDA letter to fool USA customers who don't know better into purchasing your products, etc.

On the issue of intellectual property, when you engage in business in a market using a registered mark held by another firm you are misappropriating that mark. Its ironic that you would mention the Iphone as Apple had the exact same problem, in China. We hold the mark for the US market and HK's endless aggressive marketing to our customers is a violation of US trademark law. It is true that law does not apply to you, but perhaps only very loosely, being in China and not the US, but surely you must know that it can and does confuse the market place. To do so intentionally, and as you say allow customers to believe whatever they want if they don't ask the right questions, is immoral no matter what country you are in. Not only is that not a gentleman, it is a fraud.

By the way, I don't say anything behind your back, or anyone else's. I stand behind everything I have said about HK, and if its on Google, it certainly wasn't done with subterfuge. Dismount your high horse, you have no authority to stand on here. In this case, preying on ignorance and actively tricking people has the same result, and is equally as bad. The only reason to name the company as you have is to confuse the market... If you wanted to be unique, better, etc. you would have WANTED to be distinctive. But no, cheating is easier I suppose.

Notwithstanding that you pay your workers terrible wages, and as an aside you should really be ashamed to admit that, the reason why your products are cheap is that they are cheap. Otherwise, we would not get angry phone calls from customers on a weekly basis demanding that we repair their "X-Lasers." Cheaper isn't necessarily "better" and if your products were better then perhaps we would spend less time with angry phone calls.

In truth, I don't mind the angry phone calls so much because its not us at whom they are angry. If you want to strike fear into my heart that you are going to "owned the USA market," you need to do something stunningly original. Something distinctive. Something even vaguely legal. Innovate man! BE BETTER than we are. Challenge us as professionals.

You're a fool if you think that what you are doing is moral or safe, and every time you sell a laser into the United States remember that you are subjecting your customers to far more legal liability than they know. You cannot possibly believe that is the right thing to do and my suggestion would be to work for someone else.

Find some fulfillment in your life doing something that matters - surely there must be more for you on this earth that trying to defend the indefensible.

Until then, seriously, stop wasting everyone's time. Oh, and as I am indeed a gentleman, I say unto you the nicest thing I can conjure at this moment: The form you submitted through our website pretending to be a customer asking us to comment on your products in badly broken English will not be responded to, Scott from New Hampshire.
    Last edited by DanG; 08-20-2013 at 21:22.

Holy crap that was entertaining! Well played, X-laser (I mean the real one).

-Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitrylin View Post
    Dear Mr.Scott,

We 1.3 billion people provide you 0.1 billion USA people,
    Last I checked, there were about 300,000,000 (.3 billion) people living in the US; you must have us confused with Mexico.

Thumbs down

..Sorry to 'muddy the waters', here Dan, but.. a tick just bit me..

Mr Dmitry / Scott -

1.X-laser USA didn't register in China or Hong Kong, your laser is only USA laser, you don't have any right to let the USA people to not buy a cheaper and better laser from China
    A question for you: Do you mind if I come to your country and sleep with your wife? Well, why not?? After-all, your 'marriage license' is not valid in *my* country?!

Do you understand my 'point'? Just because X-Laser USA does not hold the trademark in your country, does not give YOU any 'right' to *TAKE* what does not belong to you, and use it for yourself - just like - I do not have any 'right' to take what is yours (your wife) and use her for my own purposes....

What you / your 'Company' is doing / has-done is WRONG, FOUL, and - 'stinks', all the way-across language-barriers, and international-waters - just-like if I would try and sleep with your wife. It's something you should 'know-better' about... And..

2.Do you know why the laser in China is so cheap? becasue we have 1.3 billion people...they need to work 12 hours-14 hours a day,they have old parents and little children to support.
    ..is NO excuse.. that's like me trying to tell you to 'let me take your wife', because, 'I have many, many needs and desires, in fact, 'ADIDAS'.. ..I *need* your wife, so, therefore, you should not complain... Stinks, does it not?? So does your 'rationale' for what you are doing. NO EXCUSE FOR TRADEMARK PIRACY.

we never said that we have any relationship with USA x-laser,they bought laser and didn't ask any question with us, and taken for granted that we have relationships with USA X-laser.
    Yes, us silly, stupid Americans! What in the world are we, *thinking* that "X-Laser" is not "X-Laser".. my goodness, we are blind! Thank you for pointing this out.. Now, Google will help us let everyone know that X-LASER HK ARE PIRATES, and HAVE NO RELATIONSHIP WITH X-LASER USA.. SO, if you BUY X-LASER HK - May God help you in Month 13. (if not sooner...

4. X-laser are afraid that we will owned the USA market
    Not a chance. Because they do not target idiots for sales. They only *want* well-educated / informed / responsible / and prosperous Customers - *that* is why they work SO hard to set such a great example. If they *were* only-concerned with 'blind market share', they would adopt FOUL practices - such as Your Co. uses, ie: *STEALING* the use of your Trademark, ignoring US Laws, and - worse - build UNsafe products and sell them to whomever has the $$.. No?

..Tell me.. What is the 'vetting' Procedure by-which 'X-LASER HK' uses to determine if it's US-buyers HAVE a Valid FDA / CDRH Variance? Can you show us / explain the 'process'? Please explain...

6.as for the bad quality laser or orther products in China,I just want to say:" there will be always bad quality product in the world, in any country".
    ..aaaand, so, what - That makes it 'ok'?? Do you know - when we, here in the US, see, ie: some ENTIRE FACTORY COLLAPSE, there in China, killing many - we don't say, 'oh well, there will always be shady contractors putting too-much sand in their concrete in the world, in any country'.. NO! We are *just as outraged* to see such lack of concern for others' safety / well-being, and those victims / families!

..And - just because 'your laser boo-boo boxes' don't 'collapse on people / kill them', does NOT make it 'ok' to use such a HORRIBLE justification for building / selling UNsafe products - illegally - in any country.

Sorry,for my bad English, because I am Chinese
    No, you are NOT excused. Si yo quiero vender en un pais donde hablan Español, por ejemplo, yo mi voy a educar y aprender la idioma - primero - y despues, comenzar de quejar con la gente, sobre dicha cosa, en su idioma.. Educaté! 如果我来到中国和卖您某事,我首先学会中文,我可以然后提您建议!

Please STOP selling your PIRATED-TRADEMARK, ILLEGAL / UNSAFE PRODUCTS IN OUR COUNTRY!!! We are doing just FINE without you, and we DON'T WANT YOUR GARBAGE, here. As Dan said - if you truly wish to *legitimately* compete, then, a) Innovate, b) do it RIGHT, SAFELY, and legally - Play on the 'same field' as everyone else, and then - then - you might gain some respect.

PS - I have *absolutely no* affiliation with / employment-by / treaties or representation-agreements with X-Laser - I speak as a wholly-independent and offended 'stupid-American'.

j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 08-20-2013 at 23:07. Reason: stupid american typos
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Thanks for your reply, but I think you will be disapointed, because i don't have wife, I am 18 years old. haha........ ,and from your dirty words, you are not a gentleman at all.
    Do you have a Sister? or a Mother?? Doesn't matter - even over the 'language barrier', I've see I've made the point - I've suggested something 'dirty' / foul, yes? THAT'S HOW WE FEEL ABOUT YOUR TRADEMARK PIRACY. INCLUDING all your 'other examples'... 'Why doesn't X-LASER USA 'go after all those 'other' X-Lasers'?? CAUSE THEY'RE NOT PEDDLING THIER UNSAFE / ILLEGAL BOO-BOO BOXES IN THIS COUNTRY, MY DEAR WATSON...

Don't use google tanslator to foolish me, the Chinese is wrong,it is not sentence at all.
    Exactly. Point made. So - why are you here - adding insult to injury by coming here and trying to (badly..) defend your FOUL BUSINESS PRACTICES and UNSAFE PRODUCTS?

We are always applying the FDA certificates,year by year,
    ...and *why* do you think you are HAVING-TO 'always applying'?? CAUSE YOUR PRODUCTS ARE UNSAFE / NON-COMPLIANT in this market. Additionally, 'application (alone) to the FDA for approval on a laser product', no-more makes it 'approved' / legal for sale, than if I submit an application to your Country for a tourist-visa - 'makes me a Chinese citizen' - IT DOES NOT.

YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SELLING / SHIPPING YOUR PRODUCTS HERE, *UNTIL* THEY ARE COMPLIANT / AND APPROVED - NOT just 'approval applied-for'... That is MEANINGLESS!!!

Again, I ask you: What is the 'vetting' Procedure by-which 'X-LASER HK' uses to determine if it's US-buyers HAVE a Valid FDA / CDRH Variance before they sell / ship? Can you show us / explain the 'process'? Waiting....

we have owned CE&ROHS&SGS cartificates
    Meaningless, in the context of this Countries' Regulations for Laser Products.

We believe that will get the FDA soon.
    I highly recommend you do not also tie that 'belief' to physically holding your breath. At least not outside of an emergency room. ...You are also free to believe: You can make diamonds from breakfast-cereal. The moon is made of green cheese. You can bend spoons using only your mind. Snake oil cures cancer, etc, etc.

Please - Please continue with your 18 yr old replies - I am *thrilled* that we are publicly cataloging your Companies' TOTAL LACK OF UNDERSTANDING / KNOWLEDGE / RESPECT-FOR and COMPLIANCE-WITH the US Regs for safe and legal laser-show products. Google just <3's PL.

Bye...
    j

I think your business must be very bad, because no people want to buy so expesnive laser from you or from other USA dealers.
    a) I'll take (..and pay more-for..) Quality over quantity, any-day.. b) We're growing, actually... We just don't measure our successes by the rivers of our workers' blood / and/or the idiot-market share..

Don't you know Iphone is made in China !!!!!!!!!!!
    So?? Does this mean you can take credit for it?? You follow some US Co's instructions and treat your workers like rats in doing so? Wow, clap clap clap. Some achievement.

I have a lot of thing which cannot talk out because I don't use many English words.
    Then, why are you here defending your inexcusable Co.??

and I must say,Chinese people are win, you are using Chinese products,
    Uh huh... I see you are using Googlefail Translate, too.. Well, it-is a sad-reality that in 2013 we are often 'forced' to 'buy Chinsese'.. This Country is-very upside-down-backwards in many-respects, but.. at least I can make a choice about 'buying CN or not', in many, many instances... PS, I prefer Thai and Japanese to Chinese food, any day...

Go to bed,man!
    I'm just starting my work-day, man! So, please - keep painting a clear picture of your Co. for all potential US-buyers to see. Excellent..

ciao
    j

Don't forget that you are capitalist society, you have waste much blood of many other countries' people,also some poor people in USA
    a) I've never shed another humans' blood, b) you make far too-many ASSumptions, even 'for an 18 yr old'...

We don't take Credit for it..
    ..Your argument is still invalid.. The iPhone's 'place of assembly' means nothing other than you've met some standards for putting legos-together. How original.

but they still buy from us, they like cheaper and same quality laser from China!!!!
    WRONG! Your products are NOT-COMPLIANT, they are UNSAFE, and ILLEGAL, here in the US! - *NOT* the 'same quality'!! 'Volume-sales statistics', when they are based on sales to ignorant hacks, is not something to 'be proud of', either.. I'd rather sell ONE-system to a well educated / responsible Client, than 5000 to a ship of fools.. No thanks.. ..and Shame on you / your Co. for basing your Co's value off of such 'drug-smuggler logic'...

K, I'm done feeding the troll for tonite.. Later, Taco..