Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is planning there Halloween displays

Default Who is planning there Halloween displays

Man last year life was too busy got married on oct 25th, now this year my daughters due on the 23rd. I miss setting up something am thinking lasers and controlled animatronics along with some strobes and LEDs. Just not sure I wanna go through the trouble to not be able to have it happen if Zoey is late getting here.

leading in trailing technology

I am hoping to incorporate my fogscreen with a video projector this year. I am also going to be constructing an archway with a few new tombstones. I just noticed that the only video I have is on FB. I need to upload to youtube when I get home to post here. This year I have a few more DMX pars to include in my display.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i don't do anything outside, but i usually set up some lumia on the inside.

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

This will be my 4th year of setting up a haunted house in my garage. This year we are expending into the driveway to make a graveyard. Every ghoul, ghost and demon is animated in some way. I control everything with a PLC and run a touch screen HMI out to a podium where I make all the action happen. I start designing on Labor day weekend just to do a one night trick or treat display at the end of October. I love it and the work pays off in screams and crying (Yes we have made many kids run away crying). We try to take it easy on 5 years old and under but 7 and 8 year old gotta to watch out. The best is when we can get parents with a jumping spider. I use musical greeting card inserts and reprogram them with spooky sound effects for each ghoul. Last year we had 8 separate animated effects to scare the kids. This year we hope to add three more animated effects along with all the scenery to go with them.

Was thinking about trying to add some laser in one fashion or another but then got scared off by the FAA requirement since this is an outdoor display and we are about 10 miles from a small airport.

This past weekend was spent making graveyard fence and columns out of PVC and wood. Been spending the past couple days trying to figure out how to do some corpseing on a cheap skeleton we haven't used for two year. Will probably try to corpse it up this weekend.

I can't believe it's almost that time of year again... I really should be thinking about what to add this year, just haven't had much spare time, too many projects on the front burner. We will at least do our usual display. I think this will be the 13th or 14th year.

I got my vids uploaded.

And another...........

I never find the time. I projected some Halloween laser stuff a long time ago and keep meaning to again. Maybe I will this year.

Seems like Halloween is really big in the Midwest - I was in Chicago two years back and there was a lot of "who can outdo the rest" attitude, complete with garages and basements converted into some serious haunted house action. I even saw a two-story house where this guy has moving images projected on each window on the front of the house, bugs, ghosts, zombies, etc.

Seems like Halloween has really diminished where I am at - think I have 5-10 kids each year.
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

You know, I went through that for a few years. No more than 5~10 kids per hour. It got to the point where I was considering not doing it. 2010 was a total change. I ran out of candy. 2011 and 2012, I had candy left over but I had a lot of visitors, 20 ~30 per hour or more.

TBH, I think the novelty of trick or treating at a shopping center or the mall wore off with the kids. Sure, it is nice for adults to socialize and even shop but I think kids caught wise to the fact that they were tricked into going shopping with mom for a few pieces of candy. At least, that is my perception of it. For whatever reason, in the past few years, it has picked up in my neighborhood. Could be young families moving in, replacing older families.... who knows.