Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FB3 quickshow license file help

Default FB3 quickshow license file help

Trying to install my fb3 on a back up computer but missing the license file any one help?

You have to have the license file that is specific to the FB3 serial #. You can't use anyone else's license file to get yours running as far as I know.

Send an email to Bill using the contact form on our website; he may be in the office and be able to help you today. I might even call the office after the email if you are hurting to have it running today. Otherwise copy me on it and I can try to make sure he gets to it tomorrow. Aaron (at) pangolin (dot) com.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I have connected my fb3 and it asks for the file ive looked for the file on the computer that it is running fine on but cant locate it

Its a .bmp file extension and should be in the root of your QS install folder.
    IF you open it in a picture viewer it'll be a Pangolin logo with the serial number it is valid for. The details QS uses are encrypted within the image file.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Now that I look I don't have a license file for QS... What program are you trying to run? QS or BEYOND? Nwo that I think about it the LD Suite and BEYOND are the only ones that I think look for a license. Like I said, hit Bill up, his statement to me on Friday was that he is "always available". I am an LD user and am only now playing with QS and BEYOND on both the QM and FB3. Anything I say is an "I think"; Bill knows.

A license file is only necessary in QS if you're running it as a demo.

Simply connect your FB3 to your PC with the full QS programme and it recognises it as the licence and will remember it after disconnection.

sending a message to bill as even connecting the fb3 to the computer its still asking for a license file

Have you tried re-installing?

Also, is the Fb3 showing green when connected and yellow when QS is started?

Hey Shawn -

Make sure you're running the same version of the software as you have on your primary computer.
    A mismatch between the FB3 firmware and your apps. could be a contributing factor...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

everything matches the computer sees the fb3 but qs doesnot