Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Global Rainbow in Nantes: 140 watts of full color

Quote Originally Posted by djlightspin View Post
    a 360 degree view of the rainbow- this is pretty sweet: http://www.360cities.net/image/globa...05,-19.33,70.0
    Thanks for the link djlightspin

Wow, what an Awsome site this is! I just viewed this on my iPad and it recognizes the internal gyro! If you turn around in a circle or tilt up and down, the image rotates in real time. Try it on your phone or tablet of choice and see if it works.

Loving it!!!

Kit

That's the sort of thing Britain should do for the Olympics.

Would be awesome to have it projected down the Thames just under Tower Bridge or across the roof of the Olympic stadium followed by a full light show from projectors inside!

Other thing they could do is project it across the skyline to somewhere where they could terminate it as a set of Olympic rings so you had giant tunnels in the sky and Olympic rings against a prominent Landmark. Maybe they could hang some kind of heat resistant cloth under Tower Bridge held rigid by cables, and project the rings onto that (switching the lasers off when ships needed to navigate the bridge). Would be awesome for people to look down from the bridge into the tunnels of light.

Guess only danger is any jumpers would be blind as well as drowned.
    Last edited by White-Light; 09-14-2011 at 00:51.

If you spin the picture around 180 degrees you can see where its being projected from -

Just surprised there are no internal problems with reflections from that glass:
    Last edited by White-Light; 09-15-2011 at 14:34.

Thought I'd share another picture.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Just surprised there are no internal problems with reflections from that glass:
    It's not actually hitting the glass on that building- you're just seeing the reflection.
    I may be confused with what you meant by that.

and now for some video!

This was what I meant:

Maybe its just a reflection but that's where I though the beams were coming from at 1st.

Oh I live in Nantes and I came 2 times to see it ! I discussed with George by mail to have more informations about this Global Rainbow. I really would like to go on the roof to see the laser sources ! I saw 2 guys on the roof, so it was you
    My pictures here : https://picasaweb.google.com/1053810...lRainbowNantes

Quote Originally Posted by nain-nain View Post
    Oh I live in Nantes and I came 2 times to see it ! I discussed with George by mail to have more informations about this Global Rainbow. I really would like to go on the roof to see the laser sources ! I saw 2 guys on the roof, so it was you
    Nice pictures!
    Yeah it was most likely me.
    Wish I knew when you were there- I could have come down to discuss the project. Oh well. Next time...
    The roof is not an easy place to access and we are not able to bring anyone else (aside from technicians) up. Sorry about that .

Are you still in Nantes today ?
    George said me too that it was difficult to go on the roof.