Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DT40 Pro Image scaling

Default DT40 Pro Image scaling

so Ive found a pdf by stanwax on the DT40 scanners from dragon tiger and in his manual it states the pot # 2 is the image adjustment pot... but when I try and turn it ...I get nothen???? any help? this is pot 2 of the set of 3 ....... http://www.stanwax.plus.com/lw/dtscannermanual.pdf
    Lasers, Lights, Music, Action!

i would not change this on the board, why would you want to do this in the first place, you can control the scale from the software, if you start turning pots you could end up with a mistuned driver and all the trouble that belongs with it.

Michel

why would you want to do this in the first place
    To preserve full resolution of the dac.
    Not a very good reason, but it is one.

I'm also having the same problem... I just got a set of DT40 pro's from another member at SELEM and the scan angle is very narrow (about 10-15deg with the software set to 100% angle). A side-by-side comparison with another set of DT40 pro's at the meeting showed that my set was indeed running very narrow. I tried turning that pot a little at SELEM but it didn't seem to affect the scan angle. I'll probably try to look at it again tonight, but any insight from other DT 40 pro users would be great (especially if anyone has re-tuned the amps).

Perhaps Rob Stanwax can enlighten you on this.

Remember that Rob is on a 4 day with Hadouken! as of this morning (see his website) and will only return after the show on Saturdaynight.
    So it could be that emailing is a bit slower than his normal fast response !
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

verify that you're not comparing DT40 vs. DT40W (wide).

Quote Originally Posted by massivesound View Post
    I'm also having the same problem... I just got a set of DT40 pro's from another member at SELEM and the scan angle is very narrow (about 10-15deg with the software set to 100% angle). A side-by-side comparison with another set of DT40 pro's at the meeting showed that my set was indeed running very narrow. I tried turning that pot a little at SELEM but it didn't seem to affect the scan angle. I'll probably try to look at it again tonight, but any insight from other DT 40 pro users would be great (especially if anyone has re-tuned the amps).
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

there is nothing wrong with adjusting the scale pot on dt40's as long as its only the scale pot (it the only one without any sealing glue)
    if you set it up correctly it will stop you from accidenly over driving them from software.
    i had set mine up to give a good scan angle, but still be able to use the full of deflection the the dt's can use if you can understand what i mean .
    so you get what i mean. if you draw for example a 4 square inch box that represents the full angle the dt mirrors will move, then second 2 inch square box inside the first one
    that represent the 15deg scan angle that you want to use at 30kpps, then you can still move the inner box around inside the larger one(still have full size projection move around the room with out exceeding any of the dt's specs.
    so the dt's need to be setup to what ever software/dac package you use in order to get the best out of the with out breaking them
    Last edited by badger1666; 09-15-2011 at 10:44.
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

interesting,....... Might investigate this myself too

Quote Originally Posted by massivesound View Post
    Ask Marc Gottaluvlasers. He's building my box right now with DT40W's and he's tuning them. He's probably familiar with the pro's as well as he used to sell them.