Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first gig

Default My first gig

I just finished my first public gig, what a blast!

It was a warehouse gig (held at our local hackerspace) and the musicians were mostly University students. Some really interesting stuff, a huge home built fully analog patch bay synth, video synthesizer projections, an automated didgery-doo (power from a dive bottle), electronic music and noise from various FXspansion software. Very cool.

The show organisers and spectators were all raving about the show as they left, I am blown away by all the reactions. Noboddy has really seen a live laser show in this neck of the woods for a long time... Hopefully Kit will be joining me at the next gig. The next show is in 3 weeks.

I just loved creating with QS2 to music, what a blast. I used a Behringer BCF2000 MIDI control surface, but mostly for left hand control of Z rotation, brightness (cue fades) and animation speed. I am loving QuickShow 2.

I really need more red... BTW, the red highlights on the factory roof are from red table lamps on stage. In fact red low power table lamps throughout the hole factory!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00493.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	351.6 KB 
ID:	26744Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00494.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	331.8 KB 
ID:	26745Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00495.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	313.3 KB 
ID:	26746Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00496.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	311.5 KB 
ID:	26747Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00497.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	276.4 KB 
ID:	26748Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00498.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	255.6 KB 
ID:	26749
    This space for rent.

Nice work..

Out of interest what red spec red are you running ???

Congrats! May it be the first of many to come!

Quote Originally Posted by GT500 View Post
    Nice work..

Out of interest what red spec red are you running ???
    It is my own build, 4 x LPC-826 LOC knife edged with G2 lens. But... I it is only running 2 diodes at the moment as thats all I can fit on the scanner mirrors!
    This space for rent.

LOL, from last nights FaceBook page:

Thanks to Sam Gillies and all at Artifactory for putting on such an excellent show. Very enjoyable. Suggestions for next time - bring back the lasers!!
    This space for rent.

Nice to get positive feedback, a good job well done!
    A little bit werrrr, a little bit weyyyyyy, a little bit arrrrgggghhh

Looks great, well done. It's also really satisfying to know the crowd enjoyed the lasers

Don't suppose you have any contacts / pictures of the automated digeridoo do you (I could be a poet )? I would be interested to know how they set up the initial resonance.

O.K., here's my confession, as well as being a laserholic I also play the Digeridoo. In fact I absolutely love playing the Digeridoo, I find it very relaxing and de-stressing.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Very nice Dnar.

Jem you never cease to surprise me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    O.K., here's my confession, as well as being a laserholic I also play the Digeridoo. In fact I absolutely love playing the Digeridoo, I find it very relaxing and de-stressing.
    Can't beat a bit of pseudo-didgeridoo!

- There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Looks great, well done. It's also really satisfying to know the crowd enjoyed the lasers

Don't suppose you have any contacts / pictures of the automated digeridoo do you (I could be a poet )? I would be interested to know how they set up the initial resonance.

Cheers

Jem
    Har! I can play myself. Circular breathing is a skill I wished my wife had!

Believe it or not, a whoopee cushion is used for the resonator. No photos sorry. It uses a diving bottle for air and a servo/flap at the end controls tone. It really needs a "chest" cavity IMHO.

BTW, in the show writeup by the organisers they wrote this:

* Wayne Osborn's laser show was hypnotic and had most people spellbound - he certainly got a lot of enquiries from event organizers, and chatter at the Bar d'factory aways mentioned it
    He he he. Time to pull old Rolf out.

Complaints may be sent in writing to didyabringabeer@theblackstump.com.au
    Last edited by dnar; 08-24-2011 at 15:51.
    This space for rent.