Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running Multiple Riya DACs

Default Running Multiple Riya DACs

I have been trying to figure out how in the world to run shows in LDS Pro that utilize multiple projectors. I have two Riya MultiBus Basic controllers but I don't know how to get each DAC sending a different signal. I have gone into the RIYA Test Program and can test each DAC individually and simultaneously without any problems. I'm running each DAC to a separate USB port on the computer. I have not seen any posts addressing this topic. Any help is greatly appreciated.

LSD or LSX?

I have had 2 running in LSX and it was a simple assign in teh dac window.
    leading in trailing technology

LDS Pro
    15 chars

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    LSD or LSX?

I have had 2 running in LSX and it was a simple assign in teh dac window.
    Which window are you talking about exactly? I have tried every program that came on the LDS Pro disk and can not find where to select dacs. LDS and LSX are so very similar in layout that I'm hopeful that I just missing something really simple.

I can not run ILD-SOS or LaserCam anymore because I had a hard drive corrupt files and had to reload all my software from Windows XP on up. I can not get Dr Lava to reply to any of my numerous attempts to contact him. I can see why people stick with Pangolin. (Customer Service) I was thinking that if I could get SOS or Lasercam working again that I could utilize the DAC list menu there and see if both Riyas are present and working correctly.

Guessing he has multiple bin email boxes, but yes he does seem to shoot himself in the foot with all the regular complaints sbout that here on the board. I don;t have that issue since i often join the chat #PL where he usually hangs out and talk to him direct.

Quote Originally Posted by ireedz View Post
    Which window are you talking about exactly? I have tried every program that came on the LDS Pro disk and can not find where to select dacs. LDS and LSX are so very similar in layout that I'm hopeful that I just missing something really simple.

I can not run ILD-SOS or LaserCam anymore because I had a hard drive corrupt files and had to reload all my software from Windows XP on up. I can not get Dr Lava to reply to any of my numerous attempts to contact him. I can see why people stick with Pangolin. (Customer Service) I was thinking that if I could get SOS or Lasercam working again that I could utilize the DAC list menu there and see if both Riyas are present and working correctly.
    leading in trailing technology

Well it may be that we figure this out when I come to GLLEM in the spring. It would be nice to run some of the 2 and 4 projector shows then.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Left hand column of the main screen, has some icon on it, for select and assign dacs. This is from my fuzzy memory.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Left hand column of the main screen, has some icon on it, for select and assign dacs. This is from my fuzzy memory.

Steve
    Steve, I think I know what icons you are refering to on the left of the screen. I'm wondering if they are just not working correctly. I'm going to try to uninstall and reinstall the LDS Pro and Riya software and see if I can get this figured out. Wish me luck.

Hi Ireedz, please email me again the request codes, sorry if I missed your email.
    LDS Pro does not have the drag and drop DAC assignment that LSX does. What everyone is referring to here is the LSX assignment.

For LDS PRO you'll have to edit the geobas.ini text file:
    [1]
    bEnableRi=1
    nScanner=1
    [2]
    bEnableRi=1
    nScanner=2

EDIT:
    also, There were some complaints when I ran out of FlexMods, but I don't see regular complaints, to be honest. The last one was someone needing something over a weekend where unfortunately I wasn't available. Positive feedback comes in all the time from people, thankful for powerful solutions at an excellent price. I try to make myself and help available as much as possible, even on the weekends like now. If you see someone asking for help and don't know the answer, feel free to send me a message to direct my attention to it.
    Last edited by drlava; 09-17-2011 at 22:20.

Andrew,

I appreciate your getting on this and your PM about getting the SOS and Lasercam programs sorted for me. I never expect instant service and fully realize that you do have other pursuits. This is the first time that I have ever had any difficulty getting in touch with you. Enough said about that. I will update this thread when I get a chance to work on LDS. (probably this evening)

Thank You all