Thread: Destruction and Reconstruction of an RGB projector!

Default Destruction and Reconstruction of an RGB projector!

hey guys,
    I was having some issues with my first cheep RGB projector, so i desided take a look inside and try and fix it. because of the wierd configurations inside the projector i ended up breaking it

But anyway, i'm going to rebuild it!

Using some parts from the projector and just a few new ones i'm going to rebuild and re construct!

This is my first time doing this so i may ask some questions along the line and i hope people can help me out!

But to start this off i have a pic of all the components i have left over from the old projector. everything here i most likely will use except the Scanners because they are gonners!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_0313.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	27408
    1st place ILDA 2013 awards "Multiscanner show"
    1st place ILDA 2014 awards "Multiscanner show"
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BronyBeamshows
    My start to the laser world
    9/15/2010

Those Red and Blue modules are common Chinese modules with really fat beams! I have found using a good lens such as the 405-G2 improves the beam profile no end.

The optical block looks better than some I have seen, yours looks like it has some adjustments, I have seen non-adjustable setups using cardboard or wooden chocks to tilt mirrors or lasers!!! Agricultural is being kind!

Good luck, your in the right place for help and advise, but expect to blow good $$$ to achieve good stable results... In fact, given your galvos are dead I would suggest you rebuild from scratch reusing just the lasers - if that.

Wayne.
    This space for rent.

Thanks for the responce!

I plan on buying a new set of scanners, but i also want to use the power suply for the diodes that came with the projector. i'm keeping this project cheep so if i mess up and learn from it i didnt just ruin some expensive equipment. but all that i will be using is the housing, the alignments, the diodes and the power suply, (and a few conectors) but i hope i can make this work out!
    9/15/2010

Sounds like a plan. There are a few guys on here that can hook you up with a set of scanners. I'll let them chime in.
    This space for rent.

So i got all the diodes working again, the red power suply died on me so i got it working with a new setup, and still looking around for some scanners. but got a few deals lined up! all is going well!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_0318.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	27471
    9/15/2010