Thread: Blue 445nm diode stays a little bit ON

Default Blue 445nm diode stays a little bit ON

Hello,

I have a RGB laser but when the laser is on blackout the blue diode stays a little bit on. You can see it only on the glass on the projector. Someone tells me that there is a solution for it. It's a plug wich you plug between the ilda port and the ilda cable. But where i can find this?

Hallo,

Ik doe mijn verhaal ook in het nederlands omdat mijn engels niet zo goed is. Ik heb een laser met een blauwe 445nm diode. Deze blijft constant heel zachtjes branden, ook in blackout. Iemand vertelde mij dat er een oplossing voor is, namelijk een plug die je tussen je ilda poort en ilda kabel steekt. Daar zit wat in wat de stroomtoevoer naar de blauwe diode beter afsluit, waar vind ik dit?. Het lijkt wel alsof de blauwe diode in blackout nog echt een heel klein beetje stroom krijgt waardoor deze zo zwak brand. Je kunt de blauwe stip alleen zien als je er recht in kijkt of op het glas van de projector. Tijdens shows e.d. zie je het niet, maar ik zou dit wel opgelost willen hebben omdat de blauwe diode anders wel snel aan zijn branduren komt.

Mvg

that has to do with the driver, pretty much everyone's 445 does the same thing

Did you mean its normal by 445nm diodes ?

yes pretty much, it has a really really low threshold so even a little current going to the diode will give you a ghost dot

The blue lasers are usually adjusted to stay just below treshold wirh zero signal. Unfortunately even below treshhold they radiate quite some light already. There are drivers out there that suppress this radiation (My own development and Badpip here on the Forum).

Best regards
    Andreas

What can i do that the blue laser is going off? Someone tells me there a tool you plug between the ilda port and ildacable, but were i can find it?

With the FlexMod P3, it's possible to adjust the driver so that there is no extra light coming out by turning the bias all the way down. Then, you adjust your laser control program to get the linearity curve you want. Not sure what driver you are using, but it sounds like you are at the experience level where you should just ignore this LED mode emission dot and move on. There is no tool to plug in to the ilda port or cable that suppresses this.

You can also install a hardware shutter, like a GM20, and a driver for the shutter; this will put a "flag" or beam block down in front of the scanners whenever a frame is not being projected. You will still have the blue on a tiny bit but it will be blocked and will not exit the projector.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    With the FlexMod P3, it's possible to adjust the driver so that there is no extra light coming out by turning the bias all the way down. Then, you adjust your laser control program to get the linearity curve you want. Not sure what driver you are using, but it sounds like you are at the experience level where you should just ignore this LED mode emission dot and move on. There is no tool to plug in to the ilda port or cable that suppresses this.
    This is what I have done, although I use a little BIAS on the P3 just to "wet the whistle" so to speak.