Thread: GB Feeler for AixiZ 445 analog labby-fans-TEC- stable and small footprint

Default GB Feeler for AixiZ 445 analog labby-fans-TEC- stable and small footprint

If anyone (CONUS or Canada) is wanting a small price break I am willing to host a GB on these. Hopefully at or less than $200 with free shipping. I would need 10 takers in order to get us a price break as they are aleady about a low as AixiZ can price them, afaik.
    PM me and I will keep a list and post a new thread if I get enough to follow thru.

Len
    !) Mindwaave
    2) hakzaw1
    3) Jose
    4) Gary........................................ONE OR TWO MORE TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!there may be a 'round two' if these are well liked.
    edit --from the site Aixiz.com...

"This is a laser module based on the 445nm famous diode. The power is pre-set to nominal specification at 500mw. As shown, the power output may be adjusted through the power supply blue current pot to higher levels which of which the diode is capable. We will not, however, warranty the unit for this kind of use. Unit size is 30x30x50mm with the power supply 70x35x40mm. 445nm 455nm laser module, Set for 500nm( edit from Hak--I think this is a typo it should be 500mW) adjustable to 1000mw, 12VDC input, OEM ready construction."--end quote

I will check w/AixiZ to see if I can get more info on the pots and the modulation.
    I forgot to ask yesterday but I did see that they had at least 10 units on the shelf.
    I did ask about the warranty disclaimer and was told that, of course it should not be adjusted up so high that it fails(like over 1W) and thus they said it should be no problem at 1W so they drew the line in the sand at the preset 500 mWs. That does not necessarily mean that you could not get some relief if it failed at 1W or less.

IIRC is does have TEC cooling and for sure active cooling in the form of fans on both the head and the PS. I will confirm the TEC as well. AixiZ is well known for having some of the best Customer Support going. I will personally test every unit gotten for the GB if it happens.
    I have a few more showing interest oustside PL but need a few more to do this. Mine stayed quite cool even after 25 min. @ 527mW.
    I know these can do more w/o harm but at once harm is done after pot modding AixiZ cannot make good on the 1 yr warranty as they (i am guessing) would not be able to know just how much modding has been done and another member suggests that the TEC is preset to handle the 500+mWs and modding the pots may not be smart.
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 09-14-2011 at 18:36. Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    09-14-2011 18:31
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 09-23-2011 at 10:22.

Is there any prism or lens beam correction in these units mrad?
    leading in trailing technology

http://www.ebay.com/itm/445nm-455nm-...item53e91f5f89

Thier data is there.

I have not done divergance measurment- compared to other 445 labs and handhelds- about the same or better than a few. . Sorry.

about the prisms= I am a noob in this area compared to most of you guys -

, But ...even I just cant imagine there would be room in there for much more than the AixiZ glass lens. Also you can tell by the size of the pricetag-no special correction optics-would be my guess.

but I have not opened one and prolly shouldn't. Others owning these will help me/us out here , I hope. If you want me to do any testing that I can do but havent plz let me know.

I made a point to demo & meter it for many who were at SELEM- most agreed that for the AixiZ price it seemed like a fair price. I will not argue that knowledge=wise... I still have much to learn but I asked for and was given the opportunity to do this GB and will learn at he same time- thnx for your patience.

Len
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 09-18-2011 at 18:49.

BUMP plz-

We may be able to do a small GB for round one- just another one or two and I will get them--
    Not a Huge discount but afaik these were priced with the DIY makers in mind. I know $13 is not a lot but its a very nice dual fan cooled set-up -- small footprint 115vac. continious duty.

pretested by me before shipping to you.
    Turnaround ~4 biz days in your hand after all $$ is in. BAM!!!

PP ok this time... next time we will see(I hate PP)

Hak
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 09-23-2011 at 10:39.

Default video time lapse of 445 aixiz lab 500 mW

30 min+ ambient temp 80F no noticable warming of head. peak ~550 mW stable at 500.

Video would not load-will try later.
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 09-25-2011 at 07:31.

BUMP-40+ min. LPM test- sorry its not embedded-learning that trick next.
    This one is on the way to Gary--thanks! hope it serves you well in your laser harp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhxIhgAksy8

I would just like to pop in and say I own one of these and its really a great laser, its what to be expected from a 445 at this price. One thing though is I have an issue with my laser dropping out when the voltage gets to <3v. Im pretty sure this is an adjustment of one of the pots but I cant figure out how to adjust it. There is very little documentation on what the 4 pots actually do, and how to use them. Could someone post a description of the pots and how to adjust them? All i know is one controls the TEC and not to touch it.

@ Whatup==One member was thinking the the two blue pots easiest to find next to the fan on the PS both controlled the mA. Also they were thinking the PS TEC was preset by CNI and that trying to get more mW may not be a great idea especially if you were wanting a LOT MORE. iirc the head is not made by CNI. Many lasermakers in China use CNI PS/drivers. My Spacelas 1W 655nm has the same PS as does my 532/350mW(from AixiZ).

I am assuming that the other two pots are inside of the cover on the PS.

Chuck has a PHD but it is for Medical lasers-he holds some patents for a few devices he has come up with. But I am not sure he knows everything about pot modding. I can say with all confidence I know even less. He did tell me that he felt adjusting these analog labbies to make 1W would have not a bad effect on it but as they come to him preset to ~.5W and thus the one year warranty is voided if the lab is modded. AFAIK the thinking about that was--once modded AixiZ would have no idea how much more mAs it wasmdded, and, of course, there is a point where the lab would fail. No one could replace one that was overdriven to the fail point if someone were triying to get 2+W from it.

I wish I knew more and could be of more help.

When the 445 diodes first became available Chuck got several XJA 130 pjs(the 140 was not offered yet) and sent them to his people in China- they sent back a few TTL labbies and then later the analog. The TTL lab has a much different PS- its the same one found with the O-Like TTL except the AixiZ version has all the componnents inside the PS covered in black 'goop' O-Like had a slightly lower price but a higher shipping cost and depending where you live a much longer wait to get it.

AixiZ has a great rep for being very helpful about returns or repairs. Shipping is quick if you are in conus. Even quicker for me--about one hour....As I live close enough to just drive to Houston and pick anythig in stock up for cash.

I am sure those with better answers will post here and help us out--thanks in advance.

len

I can still get these but when you add the PP fees the price is almost the same as from AixiZ. Chuck priced them with the fact in mind that many here can DIY a labby and he wold not sell many if he asked too much-thus I cannot get them a lot cheaper than the listed price of $205 and $6 to ship to USA.

When I asked Chuck about the pots this is what I was told
    One is for gain and one is for TEC control (don't touch that one).

From the plug side, left is gain, right is TEC adjustment (don't touch)

Current is set at 1A, diode can take 1.2A, to measure amperage you cut into the grey/yellow leads on the cord.
    And here are the Specs and Pots ID.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	445.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	27981Click image for larger version. 

Name:	445 spec.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	27980

Quote Originally Posted by whatsupadrian View Post
    When I asked Chuck about the pots this is what I was told

And here are the Specs and Pots ID.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	445.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	27981Click image for larger version. 

Name:	445 spec.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	27980
    ^^^ Thanks for getting that. I had it wrong. All good to know-so you could prolly go to 1.2A and the TEC will still cool properly at ~ 700mW I would guess.
    I will be goingback to AixiZ this week if anyone wants one of these- 199$ free ship to CONUS. Next chance will not be til mid Nov. -(btw I dont make anything on these)