Thread: 150-300mw lasers

Default 150-300mw lasers

i am somewhat new to lasers and i was trying to buy a laser from 150-300MW. but they need to be FDA approved because i am in the states. i don't care too much about nm's because i don't know anything about them. also i would like to stay at about $120.00. so i don't need a fancy laser just one powerful enough to burn. so if u have one i may be able to buy it. also if u know of anywhere you can buy lasers like this for cheap let me know.i don't care about color either.

thanks,
    matt

Lightbulb

See my last post about your first post: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...971#post195971

If all you want to do is get a laser to burn things, this is not the forum for you. Not that any of us haven't burned anything with a laser, we just don't get that much amusment from it and have joined this online community to explore the larger aspects of laser entertainment. We also know that lasers are not cheap; nothing about lasers are cheap... except maybe red diodes from DVD burners, although they are sensitive lil buggers that tend to die if you look at them wrong. Pleae re-evaluate your laser asperations to determine if we are the right community for your laser goals.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

If all your looking to do is burn things, may I suggest a match? It's much cheaper and FDA approved.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGLaser View Post
    If all your looking to do is burn things, may I suggest a match? It's much cheaper and FDA approved.
    Yeah, nice one! It's like wanting to use the space shuttle as an airliner.

Well, if you buy any >5wm laser pens, they will be detained by customs in US.

If you want to burn things using light, get a magnifying glass and go out on a sunny day.

Much cheaper and safer than playing with lasers.

Burning things with lasers gives the wrong impression to the uninformed. There are so many interesting thing you can do that dont give the impression that a laser is ONLY something to 'Put your eye out' . This is, IMO, not the right forum for you....yet.

hak