Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: +/- 24volts for galvos

For a compact build, personally, I would take the amps out, add some dual tracos, or a conceptronic. Leave or sell the rest.
    If you add some extra surface to the heatsinks of the 6580s, no forced cooling is required

you can use switching supplies if space is a concern, but those look like power one supplies in there, same I use in my projector, they are very good linear supplies

well, i have no idea about CT scanners, but it seems like a really good idea to keep the amps and swap the power supplies with more compact ones

i am not too sure i can be of more help with this Len
    "its called character briggs..."

As others have said, the drivers are fine - with a little tweaking of the heatsinking they won't take up so much room.

You could get the smaller drivers from medialas, but then you will have to tune them - not worth the hassle, and you need to know what you are doing.

/Thomas

Hmmm, looks to me from the pics like you could do away with the entire contents of that rack as its a dual linear PSU. I would just use the amp drivers off the back, heatsink them well in your projector and power from an existing or new small & light SMPS.

Thanks to all- lots of good advice, I will use them as-is until I can find the time & $$ to reduce the size and weight.
    I never thought I would ever own CTs- still not fully sunk in....

Quote Originally Posted by jklasers View Post
    Galvos are high-performance rotary motors for optical applications. They consist of a motor section based on moving magnet technology and a high-precision position detector. The primary area of application is the fast and precise positioning of mirrors for the deflection of laser beams. It works great at a supply of +24volts as at -24 volts there are some consequences regarding its working....
    A perfect supply diagram is shown above to understand it....
    Just curious..
    Are you connected with Scanlab??

Your post is a copypasta from thier site so....

SCANLAB America, Inc.

100 Illinois Street
    Suite 200
    Saint Charles, IL 60174
    USA

Have you used thier scanners? They look quite nice from the pics at thier site.. hak

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

jklasers is a spambot.

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    Just curious..
    Are you connected with Scanlab??

Your post is a copypasta from thier site so....

SCANLAB America, Inc.

100 Illinois Street
    Suite 200
    Saint Charles, IL 60174
    USA

Have you used thier scanners? They look quite nice from the pics at thier site.. hak
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.