Thread: DPSS TEC Cooling Questions

Default DPSS TEC Cooling Questions

My intent is to build a small, low power (<500mW) RGB studio projector, for the purpose of show creation. As part of this, I'd like to use a 100mW 532nm DPSS module with a drlava driver and some means of TEC cooling it.

I've read through some of the past discussions on latentcy with regard to cooling. Is there anyone on the forum that can provide some insight as to your own experience with this? I'm aware of the die4chill being mentioned on the forum - are these still available? Other options? What to expect?

Not sure if this is worth pursuing vs. the purchase of a Lasever or other smaller option. I'd be curious as to what others may have encountered.

Thx,
    Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

well you can use a simple cpu temp monitor and a relay. or a driver for the tec that accepts pwm
    once it drop below certain temp it will turn on once done turns off. and their cheap and can control and monitor more than one area there are some that come with 4 thermal sensors and you can adjust the temp of each one.
    its a cheap and dirty but good way i think without getting something custom made.

Something like this for 50$ you can monitor 5 temps and 5 fans and get a nice display.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ImageG...0LCD%20Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by kiyoukan View Post
    Something like this for 50$ you can monitor 5 temps and 5 fans and get a nice display.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ImageG...0LCD%20Monitor
    nice find that would be cool to be able to control fans inside of a scanner. considering some dpss lasers start to mode-hop if cooled to much...

Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

well i would use that controller to a set of pwm drivers that i make to power the tec and fans.
    It works well i get a 2 temp unit atm and got a 4 temp unit on the way.