Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jem K1 or Unique 2.1 Hazer?

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Thanks for the correction Jem, knew it was something like that. At least I got the 5 bit right. Start to worry about your memory when you reach my age and I know mine isn't good!

@Led never heard of reliability issues so thanks for bringing that to my attention. The Blue room has discussion about the K1 as well as the Unique and I know Borg has already been there. As with any hazer though, I wonder if reliability is down to reliability or abuse? I mean how many commercial users go for months or years of day in day out usage without ever cleaning the machine? Usually anything with precision engineering is more prone to dirt failure if not kept clean but better than lower toleranced products if they are. That said, I don't know what the issues are / aren't with Unique and so its best perhaps to ask on the Blue Rooms where reliability was mentioned. As I said above, both Jem and Unique are quality products, so any choice really is going to be down to researching user feedback. That's a very good price on the Jem though, looking around. I've yet to see it much under the £1,100 mark.
    Yes its alot of money. I only need to find some guy who has seen both units. i really need to know the haze transparancy, hang time ect. thats after all the most important thing a hazer does.
    and thx ledpaint but ive already seen that topic and bumped it from 2 years ago:P
    I hope blue room can help me with this...and PL
    Last edited by borgqueenx; 09-22-2011 at 03:07.
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

One of the main causes of failure is not following the correct shutdown procedure on these hazers. The Unique has a shutdown timer, which when activated shuts the hazer down in around three or four minutes. The problem is that when you're out on a gig and everything shuts down, you have to remember to let the hazer go through the correct shutdown before disconnecting it from the power. I know a lot of folks don't do this, they just shut down the power and pack it away. This can cause the nozzle to clog and lead to future unreliability problems. The shutdown procedure is there for a reason and it's best to use it.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

We love our Unique, probably getting another when the time is right.. They are awesome - very conservative on fluid ( we usually only use half a bottle on a average night )
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    One of the main causes of failure is not following the correct shutdown procedure on these hazers. The Unique has a shutdown timer, which when activated shuts the hazer down in around three or four minutes. The problem is that when you're out on a gig and everything shuts down, you have to remember to let the hazer go through the correct shutdown before disconnecting it from the power. I know a lot of folks don't do this, they just shut down the power and pack it away. This can cause the nozzle to clog and lead to future unreliability problems. The shutdown procedure is there for a reason and it's best to use it.

Jem
    I had someone decide they didn't like haze at a gig and just unplugged my Unique. I about crapped my pants, and needless to say he did not touch my hazer the rest of the night.

I LOVE my Unique. Only 2 complaints. 1. Fluid is expensive if you use the Unique brand. Since they guarantee it never to plug if I use their fluid, I do. 2. I wish it had a lighted touch pad so I could see wtf I was doing in the dark.

I have had to run my Unique at pretty close to full throttle fighting a huge exhaust fan for the venue directly behind me and never used anything close to 2.5 liters in 2 1/2 hours. Even if it used that much fluid in that time, at a normal venue I can't imagine anyone wanting to run a full 2 1/2 hours on full output. That is a LOT of haze in the air!

Yes yes. Thanks for the words about the unique but read enough already that i know its a good hazer.
    but i need things people can say about the jem k1, and fast if possible. that deal on it is not going to last long.

But im afraid no one has seen both units in action

@phredy1 its only 2.5 hours on full output. i know im not going to use full output...but compared to the jem its a big sucker(literarry)

Some differing views here:

http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/l...e-2-hazer.html

Some people are berating the Unique and others the Jem for reliability!!

So you takes your choice really. Only comment I would make is that the guy who says the Unique looks like regular fog is obviously using it far too heavily which is why his fluid consumption was high also. As I said above at Jem's we've had it so with the lights on the atmosphere looks totally clear but with the lights off and lasers on the beams are perfectly defined. You don't need a lot of haze to see beams in my experience. However, that isn't a recommendation for either machine, just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Some differing views here:

http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/l...e-2-hazer.html

Some people are berating the Unique and others the Jem for reliability!!

So you takes your choice really. Only comment I would make is that the guy who says the Unique looks like regular fog is obviously using it far too heavily which is why his fluid consumption was high also. As I said above at Jem's we've had it so with the lights on the atmosphere looks totally clear but with the lights off and lasers on the beams are perfectly defined. You don't need a lot of haze to see beams in my experience. However, that isn't a recommendation for either machine, just an observation.
    ive also already read that. im also active on that forum. but thanks for helping me

and a question for you unqiue 2.1 hazer owners: how long does it hang? i used a 30 euro smoke machine last time with the cheapest fog i could find, and for me it was gone a bit to soon. if it could hang for like 15 minutes in a closed room with no ventilation i would alreayd be happy.
    anything you can tell me about this?

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

I found out that hang time of the fog is dependend on the fog liquid you use. The more expensive liquid will hang forever but the low cost liquid will be gone after a few minutes. The price difference is not that big too, only a few euros, and you have to use less of it.
    I can't comment on the hazer though.

yes but i said that as example. i sold all my smoke machines since i wanted a hazer.
    The Unique 2.1 can only use one haze fluid type. probaly accepts others as well but then its bye bye warranty.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Didn't know that... I should look into it a bit more.
    Maybe you should just go with your signature?