Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My Daughter's Car Accident - Jem

Thanks Rob, and again to everyone else for your kind thoughts

I've just got back from the recovery agents. I think the whole family needed closure on this, and Steph really wanted to see the car. When we got to the garage in Harrogate the guy who actually did the recovery was there and spoke to us. He couldn't believe Steph was actually standing there, he reckons that she must have some sort of guardian angel looking after her.

We're all going to try and move on now, and not dwell on what might have been. Thankfully everything's turned out OK for us and normality will soon be resumed. However, looking around the recovery agent's yard it seems many were not quite so fortunate and my thoughts are with the families of those people.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

didn't participate on this Lem and do not know you personally but as a father of two daughters i can imagine what you experience so the best wishes

michel

Glad things are looking a lot less bleak....
    Glad that Steph is doing fine...

Take some time off with the family and enjoy your day...
    We'll still be here...

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Sorry to hear about the accident, very glad all is well.
    Regards,
    Steve

Wow Jeremy! Sounds like you haven't had much sleep lately. Sorry I'm so late, but I've been away from PL (and a lot of other things) for a while. Really glad to hear your daughter is going to be OK though.

Out of curiosity, what kind of car was she driving, and did the air-bags deploy?

Adam

Hi Adam

She was driving a Ford Fiesta, and yes, the air bags deployed... and almost certainly protected her from serious injury.

Again, thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

very glad your daughter is ok.
    I was really worried and he she surely has someone up there that loves her